Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#145256 Mon Jul 13 2009 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
IS AMERICAN ART WORKS STILL IN BUSINESS OR DID IT GO OUT OF BUSINESS? IT IS A SIGN MAKER RIGHT? THE TOWN WAS COSHOCTON , OHIO.I HAVE A SIGN THAT HAS AMERICAN ART WORKS ON IT, I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE COMPANY AND ANYTHING RELATED TO IT,SO IF ANYBODY COULD SHED SOME LIGHT ON IT THAT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS.........

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
dodgeman60 #145330 Tue Jul 14 2009 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am not positive but I am pretty sure American Art Works is now out of buisness. Coshocton Ohio used to also be home of the Beach sign company. Think they went out of buisness around maybe 1920-1930 or so? Beach made porcelain signs, the Art Works made a lot of tin signs. A lot of the Art Works signs are marked. I have one, tin with a cardboard back. Coshocton is one of the counties next door to where I live. A lot of signs from the Beach Company have turned up in this area over the years. Some are unfinished, probably rejected during the manufacturing process for one reason or another. One story has it that the Beach Co would sell seconds and unfinished signs for a nickle or a dime a piece. Farmers would then use them to patch holes in the chicken house, use them to cover a well or a lot of other things. Some were found in the area that were used as shelves, a patch over a hole in a floor or as roofing. I picked up a Texaco flange sign the other week that never had the black porcelain put on it. Neet sign, could probably be painted up to look finished. It will make the trip out to Iowa in a couple weeks.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Wes Maxwell #145341 Tue Jul 14 2009 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'M ALMOST POSITIVE THAT AMERICAN ART WORKS ALSO MADE MANY OF THE COCA-COLA TRAYS FROM THE TEEN THRU THE 60'S AS WELL AS TIN SIGNS.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
THANKS MUCH FOR THE INFO FELLAS, NICE LITTLE STORY WES!!! THANKS AGAIN...........

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved