#146715 Tue Jul 28 2009 07:28 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'm posting these for new member "oldgoaly"

Barry
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Thanks Barry for posting my pics, as you can see I have a couple of oldies, one is a Wayne model 55 or 60? I purchased this one about 3-4 years ago from a avid collector in central Illinois. The other is a clockface St.Louis pump which I bought 20+ years ago at a farm sale. My girl friend now wife wouldn't let me buy the nice visible gas pump with a 150 gals of good gas for 150$. Yep gas was a buck a gallon back then, so when this one came up I started the bidding out at 2$ yes "TWO BUCKS" people were stunned and the auctioneer was happy to get 2$ for that scrap metal. She did buy me a visible pump (for more than 150$ I'll bet) So if you know what model the St.Louis pump is I'd like to know! How did I find this website and what took me so long???? Well did a search for "oil can displays" looking for ideas to put oil cans up in my workshop, so if you have some ideas.....
I'm located 20 miles east of St.Louis in Illinois, have been in the HVAC business for almost 30yrs, I need to get 2 knees and one shoulder replaced fairly soon, I've worn them out playing hockey and baseball, oh and the hard work!!!! I still do a little sheet metal restoration work, if you have seen "oldgoaly" nickname other places that's me. Ok getting long winded....<grin>
Take care! tt

oldgoaly #146724 Tue Jul 28 2009 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wecome Goaly!
Glad you found the site! Take advantage of all the posts by searching the "search" box on the middle of the page. There are many topics! You have some nice pumps there! Going to restore them?
I am in Evansville, IN which is a few miles east of you. Ever get over this way let me know.
Again Welcome!
John

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Jarvis #146725 Tue Jul 28 2009 08:39 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS
According to Jack Sim's book on pumps, you have a St. Louis 651, 1930 & a WAYNE 60 Narrow frame.
db

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
John, I live right off I-64, if your this way stop by! Keith Kinney who is into Hercules engines was here last week from Evansville. I've been a searching and reading, wife has asked what are you looking at cause I've been real quiet.....
Dick, Thanks for the info on the St.Louis, I had sent Jack Sim's an email the other day asking if he had info in his book. I like the style of the Wayne, I have some antique clock radios, one of the Westinghouse's is similar in style to the Wayne.

Thanks guys for the welcome! tt

oldgoaly #146773 Wed Jul 29 2009 02:35 PM
Q
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Q
a big welcome from quincy ma, right on the southern broader of boston home of 2 ex presidents,and no vintage oil and gas stuff, lol. laugh

Last edited by quincy oil&gas; Wed Jul 29 2009 02:36 PM.

im always looking but never find, why........
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas!!!!!!! Looks Like you got yourself a couple nice pumps. I recommend that you pick up a Copy of one of Jack Sim's Gas Pump Identifaction Books, it is a Handy tool to have.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome to oldgas,from 1 hvac guy to another!!glad ya found us,and enjoy the site. nice pumps!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
grin grin grin Welcome Oldgoaly!--A lot of us on here are at the age where we have a few problems with knees and elbows and such, so you'll fit right in. Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn how to post pictures cause we love pictures! Glad you're here cause we always need more members.Welcome aboard!!--KEVIN grin grin grin

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HEY OLDGOALY, WELCOME ABOARD THE OLDGAS.COM BOAT! LOL! LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE OFF TO A GOOD START IN THE HOBBY. SHOW US MORE IF YOU CAN!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome to the old gasser`s site~!!!!! post pictures,, just jump in in and post on the different topics... always glad to have new members...

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Thanks for the nice welcome, here is the pump my wife bought cause she was tired of hearing me complaining about that 150$ visible pump with good gas, that worked.... Her and the boy are scraping and painting the building, 100' by 40' that's allot of painting. tt

oldgoaly #146824 Wed Jul 29 2009 09:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's a nice WAYNE 519 w/ all the stops. Don't find that too often anymore. Someone removed the gate valve @ bottom of cylinder, but they are not that hard to find.
Nice handle you have on the Barn door also.
Get those replacements done so you can get to work on these pump !

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Thanks Dick, I was thinking it was a Wayne, I have some of the gas globe/pump books, I haven't looked at them in years. While I'm playing show and tell here is a project that I need to get to....(like so many others) My 33 Chevy Gas truck, The tank is a Butler I believe, I have a real nice Col-Tex sign with the deer on it, very colorful sign, I do believe that will be the colors of the truck.

As you can see there are a few more projects in the backround, the 65 Mustang fastback is the boy's next project.
Take care! tt

oldgoaly #146831 Wed Jul 29 2009 10:22 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sure Glad he's painting the barn & not me, although I do need some work !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved