Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#147667 Thu Aug 06 2009 06:12 PM
jkyocom Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I am working on a project for an Erie pump that is setup with two hoses and one clock unit.
I have not seen the pump so I don't know if the plumbing is there for dual product.
In order to make a dual clock out of a single, this is what I did.......First I made an extension for the NON-RESET side.

Left hand threads.. #5-44 the threaded stud is locktighted into the coupling.

Then removed the connecting rod between the two units, and added springs and washers behind the connecting rod adjusters for tension.

Removing the connecting rod will allow each side to register ( count) independantly.

After mounting the front hands to the nuts with solder & painting & mounted to shaft,
then the extension goes on to lock the hand nut.

A broken centershaft can be repaired this way

All of this could be acheived by inserting a reset side mech into the non reset side mech hole....but if you do not have another reset side mech .........Also the unit should have 2 clockwise faces....but the non reset side turns c-clockwise so if it is done this way, clockwise and c- clockwise faces will be needed.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
jkyocom #147668 Thu Aug 06 2009 06:13 PM
jkyocom Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

After a trip to the machine shop for two new knobs, we now have a dual clock that works each face independantly from each other.
The knobs will be locktighted in place by the guy who finishes the pump.

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
jkyocom #147687 Thu Aug 06 2009 09:46 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
From the factory, wether it is a single or dual product single body pump it would have dual measuring with a face above each unit.
I have the Aqua System E203-470 [pg 43 bottom center]. Mine is a single product dual dispenser.

Dick Bennett #147699 Fri Aug 07 2009 06:57 AM
jkyocom Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

I thought I had clarified that point, but DB, you are Right..... two meters, two clockwise, resetting sides of a TRIDENT is what should be in this single or dual. But you never know what was done to the pump after it left the factory..I have not seen the internals of this pump, but this is as close as I can get to a dual clock with limited access to parts....unless you want to donate a clock half DB.????????
I did post for Trident parts before I started....besides I am a little familiar w/ pumps since I was a pump mechanic for 14 yrs. Clock units and parts are very hard to come by....why else would someone come up with a working reproduction clock?....they look/ work better than a big hole in the top of your clockface pump...
kinda like a Shelby w/ NO HEADLIGHTS & Grill laugh laugh wink whistle
This one is NOT exactly correct....but it is as close as it can get with what I started with. cool

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
jkyocom #147711 Fri Aug 07 2009 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can clearly see the amount of effort and talent that went into making that thing work. Awesome job!!! Thanks for sharing your work.
Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved