Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

I KNOW THAT ALOT OF YOU IOWA GAS ATTENDEES HAD A GREAT BUYING WEEK! SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET'S GET THIS WEEKS "BOTW" THREAD STARTED!

I CAN FINALLY SPEAK OF FINDING SOME PETRO THIS PAST WEEK MYSELF!

YARDSALES:

THESE FROM AN OLD PRE 1960'S STUDEBAKER DEALER:

THOUGHT THIS WAS NEAT...IT'S A GERMANY MAP BOOKLET:

FROM FELLOW OLDGASSERS:

AND FOR GOOD MEASURE I PICKED UP THIS OLD (FULL) CAN/LUBESTER FROM THE END OF A DRIVEWAY WHILE OUT DRIVING LIKE 2 HOURS AGO LOL!:

(DON'T THINK I WOULD'VE PAID ANYTHING FOR IT...GLAD IT WAS FREE!)

laugh

THANKS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
well heres my iowa finds.i am still a small collector,but i had a great time and am happier than^#^ with the things i got.got this 876 twin,which has had a lot of parts added since the photo in jacks book.a sinclair eythl on original hull body,a wide glass hull,a prestone thermometer that is not perfect,but a great buy and also a nice phone sign to put by my phone booth!!
maria even got a few things(hey,happy wife,happy life!!)
and last but not least,something i have been looking for for quite a whilethanks to all the people who put up with me and gave me such great deals!!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Sun Aug 09 2009 05:26 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a great time at Iowa Gas, and it was really nice to meet some Oldgas members for the first time, and also to see all of my good friends! I'm sorry to all the people that I didn't have much time to talk with - there were so many people there and so much to look at!

I only bought 3 significant items at the show. I'm very happy with them, though!

I was walking around and saw this Diamond rack, being used as a rack to hold maps that were for sale...

The rack wasn't for sale, but I finally struck a deal after coming back and asking several times!

It is not a map rack. After talking with Mr. John Chance, I found that it was actually for lubrication books, and is very uncommon. I'm now looking for the books!

At the auction on Friday, I nearly fainted when I found this 5lb grease can in the uncataloged items at the beginning of the auction. As many of you know, I collect Mid-Continent but also the smaller independents that they acquired.

Since Tara couldn't make it to the show (she was at a wedding), I picked up something for her too. It's a 3-D wooden Sinclair sign from Jackie Knott. I'm looking for a copy of an old picture showing it on the wall in the background (in the 20s or 30s). If anyone has one, please let me know.

Last edited by thermactor; Sun Aug 09 2009 06:17 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mick the sinclair globe looks nice

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are my buys from Iowa. Had a great time at the show. Bought the Victor sign I had been eyeing for awhile. Worked a trade for the Oak motor sign. Picked up the Satin oil in the auction. And finally, I got the piece I was after in the auction. The Perfect Circle sign. Had to redo the wall to fit it in. Also added a couple of quarts and 4 rocker cans. Very Happy!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are my IG buys. I wish I had bought one of those Satin signs!! Those were killer. I didn't really look at them until after they sold.

IMG_3932.JPG

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
all very nice...keep em coming.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's one I picked up before Iowa. Embossed painted metal in great condition. Anyone know the age? It's labeled Enameled Steel Sign Co. Chicago, 4625-9

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a great show, had some buys on the way there and also had a couple items delivered, plus what I got at the show. First up is my chrome Sinclair pump. The one tag on it says it was used in Iowa in 1969. Needs new window glass and one new Sinclair add glass, one got Jarvised on the way home. This picture was taken at the show.

Next is a Sinclair HC globe, most of this type have the Sinclair word in block letters, not the slanted font, came out in 1959 I believe.

Got this plastic lens, it is going to be a future project, want to make a box for it, put in some florescent tubes and hang it on the ceiling.

Got this thing too, it was the back compartment from an old delivery truck, also have big plans for it.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Couple more. A diesle fuel pump insert and a original bracket for my one credit card sign.

A SSP dealer station sign. I had a tin one. I think there was also a red lettered version.

I had one of these, originally got it to resell...

Untill I bought this.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Last couple. I had an Opaline sign, this is an upgrade, plus I got the base too. Also got the HC curb sign and base, the indexed lubrication sign was an upgrade and I got the red order box in the left of the picture during the room to room. Got a couple other smalls and had a great time.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Hey Wes!
That rear box for the delivery looks neat! what is on the inside??? Is the a type of dial for keep track of fuel delivered? on mine I have the brass numbers, but nothing else. You sure are capturing the Sinclair market! I'm sinclair green with envy.....or is that some kind of mold????? <<<grin>>>>tt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
One New 5 quart thanks Don

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are My Iowa Buys. Bought this Wayne 70 from Fellow Oldgasser "keithia".

Picked up some stuff for the Restoration of the 70, Got the Globe Body and Lenses from fellow Oldgasser "T-Way".

And Last but not Least this Real Nice Oilzum Quart.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
very nice jason!!! can`t wait to see it when your finished!!,,alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved