Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14807 Tue Jan 13 2004 09:32 PM
JORECO Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys. First I want to say that I know that I am not holding my breath on this one, but here goes. If no one knows on oldgas, I will officially give up on this lead. I have been looking to contact a vendor that was at Iowa Gas in 2000 or 2001 with a 48" Brilliant Bronze sign that was painted over white. I THINK he is from Southern Illinois. That is all I know. Pathetic, UH? I have heard (and even saw photos) of other Johnson Oil and Brilliant Bronze items that I might be interested in. I know he was there because I have heard the same story from 3 different collectors that don't know one another. Nobody knows his name. Everytime I get the chance, I ask people if they remember who he is with no luck. I know is was a long time ago, but I have called what seems like a thousand phone numbers, all leading to a dead end. Instead of immaginary friends, do I have immaginary Petro Pushers I think about. I think I am going crazy. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff Johnson

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#14808 Tue Jan 13 2004 09:35 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Could that collector be Ron Kunklemann of Red Bud, IL?

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 01-13-2004).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#14809 Tue Jan 13 2004 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeff
I can't help you out, just wanted to say welcome and compliment you on the cool website you have, looks like you've aquired some nice pieces. Good luck on the hunt, I'm sure you'll find your sign..............

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

#14810 Tue Jan 13 2004 09:42 PM
JORECO Offline OP
OP Offline
Lance, thanks for the kind words about the website. It really needs to be updated as that was a while ago. We have aquired a few more goodies that are not in the pictures. Jack, I appreciate the info, but another friend thought it might be him. I already contacted him and it wasn't. Nice guy though.

#14811 Tue Jan 13 2004 10:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeff,
If anyone would know who it was , it would be Joe Vonderhiede.
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#14812 Wed Jan 14 2004 07:39 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
As I have already Wecomed you Jeff. I will say very nice website . you've done really well. Hard to fine stuff.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved