Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148448 Thu Aug 13 2009 01:55 PM
s932 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Texaco-Tokheim-Gas-Pumps-w-Island-Light-Tops_W0QQitemZ190326710225
I just saw this on ebay i have seen one of these pumps it has been for sale in an antique mall in St Louis. If he gets 6900 for his all of mine are for sale.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
but they only made 5 sets of these pumps. lol chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I contacted the seller and told her "I think she was sold a bill of goods". I told her about Jack's book and the price Jack's has on an unrestored pump with stationliter in good shape. Here is her reply;

"Dear rain3482001,

Thank you, Mr. Richards, for your input and research as I've never been able to find anyone who knows what they are or have seen any with the lights on the top and I've had them for 10 years. I'm going to check out that book, though, thanks for the info! I've seen many of the bottoms but they have a solid top on them and I've stopped at every 'car museum' between St. Louis and Ft. Lauderdale. I probably was sold a 'bill of goods'... I bought them from 'a guy' who could sell ice to Eskimo's. At any rate, they are very pretty and 'supposedly' restored to working condition, although, remember, I was told they were 'very rare'... The man I bought them from is in Evansville IN... should I look him up? Ha ha ha!
Thanks, again!
Sherrie Hill
P.S.
If you are interested, make me an offer.

- willowrivercamp"

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
s932 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Sanford and I saw one of these pumps at the antique mall off 270 in st louis. They want 18000 for the pair. The resto work is not the best either. When I saw them on ebay i almost fell over. But i also feel bad if the person who bought them spent close to 18000 for the pair. But then again if your going to spend that kind of money you should do some research.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sure hope ya get a bigger Flat Screen TV with them !
Do they include a semi truck load of TP also ?

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I too saw them pumps in the south county mall in st.louis. i was in the mall about 6 weeks ago and they were in there. about 2 years ago, the price tag on the rare (only 5 sets made) was 22k i could not beleive she discounted them down to only 18k after they sat in there for 2 years. sounds like she is being honest about the pumps and got taken for a ride. like s932 said, the resto work is not all that.
Dick the flat screen is a cardboard floor display. it will look larget if the pumps were moved in closer...

WANTED:::Barn Hangers...and other fine junk...
I saw the pumps in that antique mall too. My wife saw them first and called me over excitedly after she read the story posted there. Not sure what I expected, but I laughed when I saw they were Tokheim 39 pumps.
I love stationlighters and the 39 tall is a nice looking pump. But only 5 sets ever made? At some point she has to get back to reality, or maybe find someone with more money than sense.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SO REALISTICALLY, WHAT ARE THESE TWO (NOT SO RARE) PUMPS WORTH OR FAIRLY PRICED AT?

ANYONE? BEULLER?

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I think around 4 grand for the pair. i almost bought one of these at iowa gas in 07 for 1,500.00, that was unrestored, but nice shape and compleat. and last year in iowa gas (08), a guy had one that was rough and i think he sold it real quick for about a grand. no 39's station lighter's there this year..

WANTED:::Barn Hangers...and other fine junk...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved