Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14851 Fri Aug 16 2002 03:35 PM
G
gator Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Does anyone have an idea on the color fo a fry 117 pump that was made for Texco gas.And what kind of globe might have been.From what i can tell it was red,with mabe Texco in silver letters is that correct.If so what color code was the paint,and the make.Also one more question the Texco writing in silver was it painted on are was it stickers.Does anybody have any ideas.Thanks for the help. Gator

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#14852 Fri Aug 16 2002 04:27 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Gator,
The following info is out of a Texaco Painting Standardization Manual dated June 1939.

Fire Chief: Entire pump,(except screen) 14X Red, screen on visible pump, 17X Aluminum.

Sky Chief: Entire pump including screen, 17X Aluminum

Indian Gas: Same as Fire Chief

Diesel Chief: 9X Green

Avaiation Gas: Same as Fire Chief

Product decals, lead warning signs, etc, to be applied according to standards.

Hope this helps,
Ed

#14853 Fri Aug 16 2002 05:13 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have blue prints from the Bennett Pump Co. showing the colors and the measurments as to putting on the decals and caution plate on a visible pump. One even has a drawing of the 1930 Texaco Ethyl decal. Contact me by email if you are interested in copies. jhsim@swbell.net
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#14854 Fri Aug 16 2002 06:49 PM
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
You'll want to decide just what time-frame you want to replicate with your pump.

The Texas Company introduced FIRE-CHIEF gasoline in 1932. Prior to that time they had TEXACO gasoline and TEXACO Ethyl gasoline. In 1932 (when FIRE-CHIEF was introduced), TEXACO Ethyl became FIRE-CHIEF Ethyl. In 1938, SKY-CHIEF replaced FIRE-CHIEF Ethyl.

TEXACO gasoline and FIRE-CHIEF were both the "TEXACO-red" pumps. TEXACO Ethyl, FIRE-CHIEF Ethyl, and SKY-CHIEF were aluminum.
The Texas Company also specified that the bases for all pumps be black.

And for crying out loud - if you decide to restore it as a FIRE-CHIEF pump, PLEASE remember that FIRE-CHIEF pumps bore a globe designed after the TEXACO trademark (i.e., the red star and green T) with a white frame. Despite what some so-called "restorers" may use, FIRE-CHIEF pumps DID NOT have a globe designed after the FIRE-CHIEF plate (with the fireman's helmet). That globe was a figment of someone's imagination!

------------------
Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana

Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana
#14855 Sat Aug 17 2002 07:36 PM
G
gator Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I want to thank yall for your help.Now I just need to decide what color to paint it.Thanks for everything.Gator P.S. any other info yall think I need to know please email me at tlb210@bellsouth.net Thanks Agin

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved