Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I know, I said the show was not worth watching, but I couldn't find anything else to do so.....
This guys (probably a paid actor) shows up at the pawn shop with a Wayne 70 gas pump. My wife and I jump out of the chair, it is one of the ones I sold Rick's Restoration years ago. The pawn buys it for $100.00.
He takes it to Rick's Restoration, Rick says, he was really surprised to see this pump. He describes how he can restore it. I'm expecting a Tokheim 39 when it is finished.
Still watching the show, will let you know what happens.

Well they rolled out a beautiful restored Wayne 70, don't know if it was the same pump, but that doesn't matter, it was beautiful.

One up for Rick.

Jack Sim

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sun Aug 30 2009 07:33 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
just finished watching it..lol

Looking for anything Hancock, Signal, Veedol/Flying A and Richfield
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It actually turned out a little better than the V39/Cavalier 72 transformation. Rick charged him $2,500 for the restoration. It looked good but was the wrong color. Looked like it should have been Polly. At least there getting closer to reality.

-Matt
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Why did Rick put the repo dino on top ? A pump of that age should have an older globe not that big Dino.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After the BS of the other show, I QUIT watching Pawn Crap.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
ha ha ha ha. I knew some of you would see that too.

Jack, that's pretty amazing that was a pump you sold to them!! Just tells ya alot of this garbage is a complete set up.

I noticed that he didn't ask Rick how much it was worth.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...there's a website for the show:

http://www.history.com/content/pawn-stars

...there's also a discussion board for the show (near the bottom right of the page)...I can't get it to work, but I'm sure a more computer-savvy Oldgasser can...it sure would be fun to post the truth about the show on the discussion board and see the reaction... grin

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What a joke. Last time I was flipping channels they had a beat up old coke machine - stripped inside, and I mean this machine looked like it was dropped from a 747. It MIGHT have been worth 100.00 MAX - if I remember right they paid the guy 1200 for it.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I remember being in Vegas 12 years ago at a high end store in the Vegas mall were Rick had his restorations for sale. The prices were crazy and the fantasy items were everywhere. They had embossed VMC44 pop machines done in Pepsi and 7-Up for $8,000. The sad thing is VMC never made these and people were buying them. Maybe in Vegas anything is possible.

-Matt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, the way things are slowing down for me I need to find a high end store like that to sell my pumps in.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sometime Free adv. has a tendency to bite ya in the Butt.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
that show is horrible....

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was at that high end store in Caesers as well and saw the pumps. I spoke with the manager and sent her pictures of some of my pumps. She said they couldn't pay the prices they had them for sale in the store and said I understand. They had a single Wayne 70 in there for $4000. I told her I would bring my set of Texaco Wayne 70s in Fire Chief and Sky Chief with original globes and pump plates delivered for $4,000. They passed. And I would put my restored pumps up against anybodies. LOL

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Alex
I was at that high end store in Caesers as well and saw the pumps. I spoke with the manager and sent her pictures of some of my pumps. She said they couldn't pay the prices they had them for sale in the store and said I understand. They had a single Wayne 70 in there for $4000. I told her I would bring my set of Texaco Wayne 70s in Fire Chief and Sky Chief with original globes and pump plates delivered for $4,000. They passed. And I would put my restored pumps up against anybodies. LOL

...they're not in business to sell to the educated, just the dumb-dumbs...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Works for me. LOL They seem to sell things. I imagine the rent in that place is $$$$

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved