Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
George,

How interesting that that cottage is in Clinton, Indiana. The Phillips cottage I posted this month is in Clinton, Illinois!

I missed the cottage in Casey. I'll have to make sure to see it next time. I did see a re-purposed Standard sign and a late 50s Gulf porcelain sign.

Thanks,
Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Wes I knew the cottage you posted was in Clinton I have seen it many times. Next time you are in Casey go down town on rt 49 and you will see another nice cottage. Turn right off 49 on what I call main st and there is a super nice Gulf sign on the side of a building and some nice old stations. Never seem to have a camera with me when I an down there.

George

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is an early model 'rectangle' 850... Not square!

Base, skins, and mid section are rectangular. Being an early pump I guarantee its chain drive... or was.

And I bet the skins are 48 inches tall. ? Repops are 46.

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here are a few in GA, Went to take a picture of the one station and the red roof had been added since last week, it did have a tile roof.

station 1.jpg station11.jpg station2.jpg sign pole 1.jpg

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
ST. ROD,PARDON ME ON THE SQUARE POST.DIDN'T HAVE A 100% VIEW OR A TAPE MEASURE!IT WAS JUST AN OBSERVATION FROM THE PICTURES!MARK

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Shot with KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-09-08

Lake Odessa, MI, I have to believe that the steel framed sign has been there almost as long as the station even though it is now a sign business.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Old Mercantile/Post Office/Gas Station in southern North Dakota. Still has the old G and B visible sitting out back waiting for someone to pull up and get a gallon or two!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i saw this coca cola murale fighting for more sunlight. it was in downtown old new castle, de between 2 row buildings. maybe someone will figure out that the murale looks better than the cheap stucco and expose its glory to the world

cokewall.jpg

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
P
P
OK SO TECHNICALY NOT FOUND ALONG THE WAY BUT THESE BUILDINGS STILL EXIST IN MY HOMETOWN. I CURRENTLY OWN THE BUICK DEALERSHIP BUILDING. IT IS A PICTURE @ 1955. THE CHEVY DEALERSHIP IS A BUILDING JUST ACROSS THE STREET FROM MINE. WOULDNT U LIKE TO HAVE THAT CHEVY SIGN. THE SIGNS POLE IS STILL THERE. IF U LOOK CAREFULLY AT THE STREET NIGHT SCENE U CAN SEE THE CHEVY SIGN AS WELL AS A TEXACO, CITIES SERVICE AND ANOTHER STATION ON THREE CORNERS OF ONE BLOCK. HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE PICS AS MUCH AS I DO.

MIKE

3A1.jpg 3B1.jpg 3C.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike, Thanks for posting the neat photos, I enjoyed them. Jack

P
P
YOUR WELCOME. I WILL POST A COUPLE OF HOW THEY LOOK TODAY SOON.

M

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
That Chevrolet neon is sweet!!!!!!!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
figure i need to get these in before the end of the month.these are from kentucky on the way back from mamoth cave..just a few hundred feet away from the 1st one.when i turned around to take this pic,a fella who didnt look to friendly came walking out of the house across the street.didnt wait around to see what he had to say

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

nice porcilan still being used
it was sunday and there were some people in this old chevron,so i stopped in to see if there was anything for sale. lady tod me that "some other fella from northways already stopped in and bought everything,including the old clock that was in the back"

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

posted this one a while back.still there and not going anywhere in the near future.its up by the cabin
here is the station it sits by.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved