Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Don't sell Jarvis any more globes. You guessed it, the Jarvis Jinx has struck again!
This time it was poor packaging (the usual culprit).

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
OH NO, say it ain't so!! Yet another globe in pieces!!!! This can't be, no one has this much bad luck. Jarvis, I think you should give up on the globes and maybe collect curb side stands without the signs.

We have to do something. How about getting him interested in embossed cast iron lollipop sign bases? Wait. I can see him carrying one out of a swap meet and dropping it on a you know what.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob you suck! I couldn't even get it cleaned and picture taken before you posted.
It was boxed in a very small box... how it ever came not broke is beyond me. What broke was a chip off the base about a 1/4 up and 1 1/2 long but i glued it back. I bought this off ebay... didn't met reserve and i e-mailed him and he was selling some of his grandpa's things. I got all the dirt, mold, and everything. It has a little weak paint on the red but for what i paid it's perfect for the garage and it's an original. Here is why i put it on a repo body... you ready... the notch on 1 lens is off about 3/4 of an inch. I wondered why it was crooked in the picture he sent and now i know. The notch being off make this a one of a kind. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You people better quit picking on my buddy. I think he may just be making the best out of his losing streak. Since that notch is off, I guess that makes it a repo as I don't think marathon would have ever did that, right?? LOL. I love ya man!!!!! I am still looking for that Woco-Pep. Remember, we can't let that one die.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
HEY ROGER......
Koo-Koo for Woco-Pep? Let it die? No way!It's alive and well! (I'm looking at it even as I type this) Oh man, what a pretty globe, original rusty frame & all...really Special to me, a Carlisle Classic for sure! LOL.

P.S. Happy Holidays to you and your Cobra!!!!(May Santa bring you $1.75/gallon Turbo-Blue or CAM2..all your Cobra can drink!)

Sinclair Joe
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
John,
No more globes for you! You shouldn't even talk about them. Look what happened when you emailed Bud!
You're lucky it was just the body that got broken this time. Good thing it was a capco and not glass.
I think these guys are on to something....you should collect cast iron sign bases. Hahaha. Jim's right, that wouldn't work. You'd drop one on a globe.LOL.
Maybe you should collect repro globes. I can see it now....I was installing the lenses and the snap ring slipped........Lance, better make a couple extra sets for Jarvis.

Just havin a little fun. This is actually a BIG problem. Whenever anyone buys a globe they need to instruct the seller on how to properly pack it so it arrives safely. Don't assume that a dealer (even a globe dealer) knows how to pack a globe.
We've covered how to pack a globe before. I'll do a search and bring it back to the top. It would be a good idea to save the instructions so you can give them to the seller when you buy a globe.
Its a shame that a globe could survive all these years only to be broken because someone didn't know how to pack it.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I dont know but...the new year starts in a couple of weeks & jarvis might have 'new luck'
SO someone else might end up with the globe breaking curse!?!? LOL!

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Can I assume that Jarvis is not a diamond cutter or a surgeon? If he is a surgeon, PLEASE let me know his schedule and place of employment. I will be very careful at that locale and during those hours!

Neal
PS- John, you gotta love it!

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
If it's like mirrors that's seven years bad luck times how many Jarvis?

Just stay away from ladders and black cats.

Time for you to start filling out that can collection, harder to break those in shipping.

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oh you guys are just full of laughs or something anyway. This globe had a ruff life but now has found a home. I know some guys wouldn't bother with a globe with some washing... i will put in the garage were i will enjoy it!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
JJ YOU KNOW REPRODUCTION GLOBES ARE CHEAP AND THE GUYS THAT SELL EM PACK EM RITE ,IF I WAS YOU I WOOD THNIK ABOUT THAT.
MAYBE START COLLECTING OIL CANS OR SUMTHIN THAT IS JJ PROOF.I MEAN LIKE HEY!!!
TOHOE REX

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved