Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
A Summary Of The 20th Anniversary Dixie Gas Show:

It will be a show to remember. It was fantastic! Glad to meet all of the first timers and reminiace with the old timers about all of the past shows. There were lots of items for the new collectors on low budgets to the rare hard to find items for the veteran collectors. Even a complete Texaco porcelain station was for sale there. Everyday, something new showed up.

A very special thanks to Reb for taking the time to make all the pictures plus posting them on oldgas for all of us to enjoy. "THANKS, REB".

Thanks to Chip and his family for a well organized show and a great meal. If you have never been to this show, mark your calendar for next April and September. It still keeps getting better and better. Thanks, Larry

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Great pics indeed, anybody know who had the tall 39, tall G&B doors, and the Jeweler's neon sign? Thanks for posting the photos.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
reb, that was an excellent job of taking & posting photos, the best i have seen... felt like i was there.... a very non bias view of a great show......

C
C
Hey Phil Tim Hickman had the Tall gilbarco door Miles had the tall 39 doors Charles smith had the jewelers neon I think Chip

C
C
Hey all you vendors and spectators that showed up this year Thank you for making the twentieth year the best ever. More than 150 vendors showed up and foot traffic on Thursday was great. We had a wonderful time hosting the show but like I told some of you this is your show Im just blessed to be able to share our farm for such a great time. If you have some suggestions tell me and I will consider them. I heard many spectators late Friday and Saturday say that more people should have stayed that they coudnt
get off of work and be there any earlier and wished there would have been more stuff to spend their money on especially Saturday.

Thanks again Chip and family

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Chip, thanks for the info. I wish I could have made it. Where is Charles from or how do I reach him.

Thanks, Phil
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for taking the pictures. I really have to try to make this show next year. Two things - If any vendor has any Crown items (Baltmore Crown) would you please snap a picture of the item and price and PM me - I would like a few items of this station. (At least PM me telling me of the item and price and then if interested I could ask for a picture, thanks) Someday I do hope to get a Gold and Silver Globe. Second Item - In one of the cases I think I saw a gargoyle Filproof lubester adopter - one to slide on the gargoyle bottles. Would you, if you see this shoot me a price and picture. Thanks everyone. John

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
John:
The adapter was $500 if memory serves correct...Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Thanks for taking time to post the pics.

Looks like a super show.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...fun show, I had a great time...enjoyed meeting Paddy, Maurice, George Sager, and Steve Keith, and seeing my old friends again...

Originally Posted By: Dixiechip
I heard many spectators late Friday and Saturday say that more people should have stayed that they coudnt get off of work and be there any earlier and wished there would have been more stuff to spend their money on especially Saturday.

...this should be an easy fix - just have 'vendor set up' on Friday...and don't let anyone on your property until Friday morning...no one gets there early, no one sets up early, and vendors are still there on Saturday...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a blast. Chip and his family are always on top of things and run a great show. Thanks to them.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
First time at Dixie Gas and it was a blast.Got to meet new people and really enjoyed the music from The Brain, BBQ Chicken and Gulfiend.
Dave's BBQ Chicken was great. Thanks for the good meal.
Close to 1800 mile round trip but worth it.
Will try to make Spring show next year.
Again, Dave you do cook great BBQ Chicken and play a mean guitar. And Larry Nace and Barry great to meet you.
Maurice

Last edited by souperhigh; Tue Sep 15 2009 10:00 AM.
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
GREAT PICTURES.THANKS FOR SHARING.SURE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME.MARK

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Nice job on the pics, does any one know who had the Leonard and Apco Vickers credit card signs, Wendell

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I saw Chip shakin' his head, walking towards me and warning anyone that could hear that a crazy cajun had just showed up.
I meet Chip a few years ago and promised that I would make it one day.
It was my first time at Dixie and I had a great time. Chip's family were great host. I really enjoyed visiting with his dad, Mr. Happy.
I sold well and I bought well....Spent time with old friends, spent time with new ones. Thats what life is all about....family, friends and letting the good times roll!
I will be back....worth the 1600 mile round trip.
OBTW.. The 3 day car show in pigeon forge was one of the best I have ever attended.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved