Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152803 Sun Sep 20 2009 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270456421762

...here we go (again) with the 'overkill' base, and its unnecessary service advertisements that would not have been on anything original, as they could not be read by passers-by, and are uneffective as an advertising device...and it's a ONE-SIDED curb sign???...the %$#@ thing is up to $1,000 already...and has anyone seen that style of Coca-Cola curb sign before?...I ask as I know that style cast base has been reproduced...what do y'all think?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Mark the sign is a fake for sure. I will bet it isn't porcelain.Back in my early days of collecting I saw a Texaco base like that,it was cast iron and looked to have age. The guy who had it said it was a pedestal for a lube chart. Since then I have seen them made of aluminum. So I don't really know what to think.

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Glad you guys are shedding some light, cause it looks like an old one to me, but one sided sign?????? hmmmmm. Thanks for posting it helps me "learn" what good and not so good. tt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved