Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#153840 - Sun Sep 27 2009 08:42 PM you got to follow those leads
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Loc: 7 miles from Texas in Louisian...
got a tip from a friend...it took 3+ hours to get there... It was worth it, at least I think so...yes I'm gonna try to get some of it or alot of it. The guy has been gathering this stuff up since the '50's. He was a great man and we had a great visit...and like myself has a great sense of humor.
Wooden phone booths, stacks of nos signs, globes, amusement park rides, vending machines etc...you had to walk sideways thru his warehouse..It will take at least a full week to go through everything. He want's to start getting rid of it....I didn't take enough pictures. Yes I am going back.

more pictures coming

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#153842 - Sun Sep 27 2009 08:51 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
K W FRITH Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
OMIGOD! Count me in! I'll help with storing some of that nasty old stuff! Where do I go to get the first load!!
Cell#-701-739-6133

#153843 - Sun Sep 27 2009 08:53 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

#153844 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:01 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
souperhigh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa,Oklahoma United States ...
Paddy,
You are luckier than a three peckered goat.
I can bring cash and trailer down with a day's notice. Send me some pictures and I will be on the way.
By the way, last time you got in a old bulk plant you did not show the pictures of your rare finds, but I got to see them.
You seem to have hit the mother load on oil and gas and soda and milk and amusement rides.
let's be partners there good buddy.
D.B. is to far away to help. And send pictures of rest and I will help you post.....maybe...

#153847 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:02 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

more pic's coming.......

#153849 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:17 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
bmclemore Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Down in Mississippi
WOW! I'm no more than 5-6 hours away from you, I could bring my trailer as well...I sure like that Shell globe..heck, I like it ALL.

#153852 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:27 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Maurice, it will have to be a big trailer....It would take at least eight 18 wheelers....stuff is just laying around everywhere. Boxes of stuff everywhere....He can't remember whats in them anymore....lot's of display cases full! When he filled those cases up slap full he would shove it all into boxes and start over again...been doing that for decades!!!!
It was fun just talking about how he got this stuff.

more pic's coming

#153857 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:40 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

you should have seen the cushman's....this was so unreal to see all this stuff...

more pic's coming

#153858 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:45 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
oldgoaly Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: So. Illinois
2nd to last pic has a Austin J40 pedal car, that's worth a few bucks, lots of neat stuff! tt

#153860 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:49 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
quincy oil&gas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: quincy ma.
WOW, what a find, love them cushman's. always looking for parts. grin

#153861 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:50 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

more pic's coming

#153863 - Sun Sep 27 2009 10:10 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

#153864 - Sun Sep 27 2009 10:19 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
badgas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA
Who needs a 401K? This is the guy's version of it.

So your plan is to get everything, I hope...

#153865 - Sun Sep 27 2009 10:19 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

I will post some more tomorrow.

#153878 - Mon Sep 28 2009 06:23 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
dodgeman60 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: wisconsin
YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT IS OUT THERE!!!! GREAT FIND.1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved