Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#153840 - Sun Sep 27 2009 08:42 PM you got to follow those leads
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Loc: 7 miles from Texas in Louisian...
got a tip from a friend...it took 3+ hours to get there... It was worth it, at least I think so...yes I'm gonna try to get some of it or alot of it. The guy has been gathering this stuff up since the '50's. He was a great man and we had a great visit...and like myself has a great sense of humor.
Wooden phone booths, stacks of nos signs, globes, amusement park rides, vending machines etc...you had to walk sideways thru his warehouse..It will take at least a full week to go through everything. He want's to start getting rid of it....I didn't take enough pictures. Yes I am going back.

more pictures coming

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#153842 - Sun Sep 27 2009 08:51 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
OMIGOD! Count me in! I'll help with storing some of that nasty old stuff! Where do I go to get the first load!!
Cell#-701-739-6133

#153843 - Sun Sep 27 2009 08:53 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

#153844 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:01 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
souperhigh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa,Oklahoma United States ...
Paddy,
You are luckier than a three peckered goat.
I can bring cash and trailer down with a day's notice. Send me some pictures and I will be on the way.
By the way, last time you got in a old bulk plant you did not show the pictures of your rare finds, but I got to see them.
You seem to have hit the mother load on oil and gas and soda and milk and amusement rides.
let's be partners there good buddy.
D.B. is to far away to help. And send pictures of rest and I will help you post.....maybe...

#153847 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:02 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

more pic's coming.......

#153849 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:17 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
bmclemore Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Down in Mississippi
WOW! I'm no more than 5-6 hours away from you, I could bring my trailer as well...I sure like that Shell globe..heck, I like it ALL.

#153852 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:27 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Maurice, it will have to be a big trailer....It would take at least eight 18 wheelers....stuff is just laying around everywhere. Boxes of stuff everywhere....He can't remember whats in them anymore....lot's of display cases full! When he filled those cases up slap full he would shove it all into boxes and start over again...been doing that for decades!!!!
It was fun just talking about how he got this stuff.

more pic's coming

#153857 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:40 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

you should have seen the cushman's....this was so unreal to see all this stuff...

more pic's coming

#153858 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:45 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
oldgoaly Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: So. Illinois
2nd to last pic has a Austin J40 pedal car, that's worth a few bucks, lots of neat stuff! tt

#153860 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:49 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
quincy oil&gas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: quincy ma.
WOW, what a find, love them cushman's. always looking for parts. grin

#153861 - Sun Sep 27 2009 09:50 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

more pic's coming

#153863 - Sun Sep 27 2009 10:10 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

#153864 - Sun Sep 27 2009 10:19 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
badgas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA
Who needs a 401K? This is the guy's version of it.

So your plan is to get everything, I hope...

#153865 - Sun Sep 27 2009 10:19 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

I will post some more tomorrow.

#153878 - Mon Sep 28 2009 06:23 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
dodgeman60 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: wisconsin
YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT IS OUT THERE!!!! GREAT FIND.1

#153893 - Mon Sep 28 2009 08:02 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: dodgeman60]
toychaser2005 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Hibbing,Minn,US
i swear some people have all the luck

#153899 - Mon Sep 28 2009 08:56 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: toychaser2005]
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
Originally Posted By: toychaser2005
i swear some people have all the luck

YOUR LUCKY DAY WILL COME...JUST KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS WIDE-OPEN AND AWARE!

Edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (Mon Sep 28 2009 08:56 AM)

#153910 - Mon Sep 28 2009 09:48 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
oiljobber Offline

Loc: Florida
Very nice find! Everyone says it's all gone...but some is obviously still out there.

#153938 - Mon Sep 28 2009 03:16 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: souperhigh]
Esse's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Janesville, Mn. 56048
Originally Posted By: souperhigh
Paddy,
You are luckier than a three peckered goat.
I can bring cash and trailer down with a day's notice. Send me some pictures and I will be on the way.
By the way, last time you got in a old bulk plant you did not show the pictures of your rare finds, but I got to see them.
You seem to have hit the mother load on oil and gas and soda and milk and amusement rides.
let's be partners there good buddy.
D.B. is to far away to help. And send pictures of rest and I will help you post.....maybe...

grin grin grin grin grin

#153952 - Mon Sep 28 2009 05:08 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: Esse's Garage]
lordparaffin Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Sunbury, PA, USA
Should we kneel and bow to you now or just throw rose petals on the ground at your feet in triumphant jubilation!!

Your my hero Paddy!

#153984 - Mon Sep 28 2009 08:59 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: quincy oil&gas]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

is there something wrong? have the first 6 pic's been deleted?

#153985 - Mon Sep 28 2009 09:13 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

the first 6 pic's

#153989 - Mon Sep 28 2009 09:39 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

#153994 - Mon Sep 28 2009 09:52 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: lordparaffin]
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Originally Posted By: lordparaffin
Should we kneel and bow to you now or just throw rose petals on the ground at your feet in triumphant jubilation!!

Your my hero Paddy!

gee Dave, it's not in my zip code yet wink wink

#154003 - Tue Sep 29 2009 12:59 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: texaspelican]
souperhigh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa,Oklahoma United States ...
And my good buddy just what zip code is it in?? Maybe an address to have in my GPS in case of a emergency run? Hmmmm....You maybe had better stay by the lake as it refills. Partner, ole buddy,I won't tease you any more about your paddy cake in the room.
Barry, I heard there was some Billups stuff there also.I will meet you in Shreveport

#154010 - Tue Sep 29 2009 06:31 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: souperhigh]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
all i can say is WOW!!might be a good time to go and fill up on cajun food!!

#154015 - Tue Sep 29 2009 07:08 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: oldnfuelish]
hotrod468 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lafayette, La USA
That sure looks like the same warehouse I toured last year in Patterson, Louisiana... I only collect Sinclair (and anything that may be in an old Sinclair station...) and he didn't have much of that... but he did have just about everything else...

I did look at a cigarette machine he had there as well as a candy machine for my gas station... He had a 1969 Camaro that was his son's car back in high school... it's been stored in this warehouse for 30 years...

If this isn't the guy in Patterson let me know and I will pass on the location of that facility... He has just as much stuff as this guy...

#154023 - Tue Sep 29 2009 08:25 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: oldnfuelish]
IBUYSIGNS Offline

Loc: Weatherford,TX USA
I would be interested in the 69 Camaro, Put me on your list.
Thanks,
Rick

#154026 - Tue Sep 29 2009 09:01 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: IBUYSIGNS]
eshaver Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: richmond , Virginia
Never let go of yer dreams ............... Ed Shaver

#154030 - Tue Sep 29 2009 10:13 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: eshaver]
philmccauley Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
Way to go cuz! Go and take out a loan and buy it.

#154043 - Tue Sep 29 2009 12:26 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: philmccauley]
Jack R Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
WOW!!!! nice find, keep us updated on what you get. Thanks Jack

#154051 - Tue Sep 29 2009 02:53 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: souperhigh]
bmclemore Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Down in Mississippi
Originally Posted By: souperhigh
And my good buddy just what zip code is it in?? Maybe an address to have in my GPS in case of a emergency run? Hmmmm....You maybe had better stay by the lake as it refills. Partner, ole buddy,I won't tease you any more about your paddy cake in the room.
Barry, I heard there was some Billups stuff there also.I will meet you in Shreveport

Wait a minute...Paddy didn't say anything about some Billups stuff...cmon Paddy show us the Billups stuff.

#154053 - Tue Sep 29 2009 03:06 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: bmclemore]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
i say we all head down to paddys and help him move all that stuff!we wouldnt want him to not get the boathouse done or hurt his back now would we!! grin grin

#154078 - Tue Sep 29 2009 08:12 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: oldnfuelish]
gtacode Offline

Loc: louisiana
Hey would this be Ronnie Sanders stuff from patterson louisiana? Nice guy but not cheap with his stuff.

#154089 - Tue Sep 29 2009 11:24 PM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: gtacode]
hotrod468 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lafayette, La USA
That what I think it is... Nice guy but he wants a lot for his stuff...

#154090 - Wed Sep 30 2009 01:20 AM Re: you got to follow those leads [Re: hotrod468]
Hemibird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
I'll take anything that has a Polly bird, an airplane, a Gillmore Lion, a Conoco MM, or a Powerlube Tiger on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved