Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Bob;
I have seen these before too. But without the logos.
Let us know if you remember.
The oval ones used a clip that pressed on the back to hold them and the one with the long flat piece had a spring attached

But, I'll be danged if I can remember what they were for. ?????
Chuck

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is a couple images of maps used by The Tide Water Oil Company for their "Flying A" Service Stations.

Click on the photo to make them bigger(trying a new hosting system, I think I like Imageshack better)

Chuck, I believe they were a "grill badge" for American cars. I guess trying to match the MG,Triumph, Austin, etc... grill badges. Never caught on and were dropped from catalogs in mid to late 70s, if I remember correctly.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sounds logical.
Something I thought about was the distance between the studs. Is it the same as the spacing of the holes in those three part carbonless pads used to write up work orders? If the studs were at 9 and 3 o'clock, would the logo still be aligned to read normally?
I'm not disagreeing with either the prototype or the creative reuse of metal shop leftover theories. It's just that it looks like the prongs are spaced a certain way for a reason.
As for the one with what looks like an electrical plug blade, that one just scares me.

J
JDA Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Bob,

Thanks. I learned something new today. I had always associated that red "A" with Alemite. I was wrong. That's why I ask the questions.

Joe

J
JDA Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Bob and Chuck,

I think the washer idea makes a lot of sense. Most likely the spring steel, retaining type washer. The ones where once you put it on, it's not coming off except with pliers. Thanks.

Joe

J
JDA Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Petro Enthusiast,

Thanks for the reply. Nearly all the large "badges" have the stud on the top and bottom 1-3/8" between centers.(as opposed to left and right). However, I just found 2) 3" "badges" (National and Conoco) in the box that have the 1/8" non-threaded stud left to right about 1-1/8" between centers and about 1/4" below center of "badge".

Joe

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved