Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#159751 - Thu Nov 12 2009 08:32 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: Maps for the memories]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Holland, MI
Awesome Shell globes Gary! I have only seen one of them in person before. Neat looking globe with the irregular shaped base. Lets see some more!

Here is a photo of two Cities Service Koolmotor globes. The one on the left is 3-piece glass and the one on the right is a cast 1-piece. I will keep digging and see what other photos of non-canteen shaped globes I can find.

Lonnie

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#159752 - Thu Nov 12 2009 08:34 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Oops! Here is the picture for the previous post!

Attachments
IMG_1364.JPG

#159868 - Fri Nov 13 2009 05:28 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: olddutchgas]
gaspumpgary Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Glentham, Lincolnshire england
Super pair of Koolmotors! I always wanted a one piece clover,,,maybe one day.
This art-deco globe from Fina was used in the 50's although it looks a little older by design

#160181 - Sun Nov 15 2009 07:55 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: gaspumpgary]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a couple of square globes with a domed top. Roosevelt Oil Company was out of Mount Pleasant, Michigan and used these globes in the 1930s. Barnsdahl and maybe 1 or 2 other companies ever used these types of bodies.

A high percentage of the foreign globes ever used are of a non-canteen shape. let see some more. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_1322_1.JPG

#160184 - Sun Nov 15 2009 08:08 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: olddutchgas]
Craig Osbeck Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
Lets see more of your collection. Pictures. picturees. Pictures.
Thanks

#161264 - Sun Nov 22 2009 06:18 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: Craig Osbeck]
gaspumpgary Offline
Petro Enthusiast

This 30's British globe was from Russian Oil Products, ROP was taken over by Texaco after WW2.

#162509 - Mon Nov 30 2009 12:59 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: gaspumpgary]
gaspumpgary Offline
Petro Enthusiast

#162822 - Wed Dec 02 2009 09:04 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: DWSheffer]
scottpcm Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: LaGrange, Ohio
Two rare Standard Crowns I thought I would share with you. The one on the right is circa late 1910s, early 1920s, and has a mushroom shape unlike that of other crowns. Jewels are green. The word "Gasoline" is etched. The one on the left is one of four known and reminds me of a hot air balloon! It has a chimney cap and is circa 1910s. The word "Gasoline" is also etched. Both have the usual seven inch bases found on Standard Crowns.

Attachments
crowns1.jpg

Edited by scottpcm (Wed Dec 02 2009 09:08 AM)

#163511 - Sun Dec 06 2009 01:34 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: olddutchgas]
signaholic Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: St. Joseph, Mo 64503
Here's my shoebox globe.
Bob

Attachments
MVC-002F.JPG

MVC-002F.JPG

Description: Here's my shoebox globe. Bob

#163513 - Sun Dec 06 2009 01:36 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: signaholic]
signaholic Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: St. Joseph, Mo 64503
I didn't mean to put it on twice. This was my first try at posting a photo.
Bob

#166549 - Thu Dec 24 2009 10:09 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: signaholic]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Hi Everyone!

I have been on the road for the last several weeks and have not had a chance to post. I wanted to add just a few photos of unusual shaped globes before we start the next edition of Globe of the Month.

We have seen some photos of Shoebox globes and here are a few more. There are 14 varieties of Shoebox globes. All of them are from the Tydol / Tidex / Flying A family. The first photo shows a 1-piece Tydol Ethyl baked on Shoebox globe next to its 3-piece glass counterpart. It would stand to reason that there was also a Tydol 1-piece though none are known.

Shoebox globes are similar to conventional glass body globes in that there is a glass body with inserts. The inserts have notches on each side and are bolted to the glass body just like a regular 3-piece glass globe. There is a special rectangular attachment that bolts to the top of the pump and the globes fits onto the attachment. There is a 1/2" threaded rod that comes up throught the top center of the globe and there would be a brass retaining nut that would hold the globe in place.

I will add a few more photos of unusual shaped globes over the weekend and next week we will start a new topic. If you have any photos to share please take a few minutes and do it!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Lonnie Hop

Attachments
IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG

IMG_6453.JPG

Edited by olddutchgas (Thu Dec 24 2009 10:11 AM)

#166590 - Thu Dec 24 2009 02:21 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: olddutchgas]
gaspumpgary Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Four more from England

#166600 - Thu Dec 24 2009 03:43 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: gaspumpgary]
BLange Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA

#166637 - Thu Dec 24 2009 09:08 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: BLange]
philmccauley Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
Wow Lonnie, are all those yours, impressive indeed.

#166645 - Thu Dec 24 2009 09:40 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Oct-Nov Unusual shape globes [Re: philmccauley]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
...what about the Dixie globes? wink

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved