Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I know there is a FOR SALE forum for petro related items. I also notice that there is a lot of non petro stuff for sale that gets posted in there or in the Non-petro Discussion and Showcase forum....
I would like to see a For sale or trade forum for Non petro items (soda pop,clocks, vending machines, country store advertising etc...)
How does everyone feel about it?
Moderators?
Jim?

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think the non-petro area works fine like it is. Non-petro is non petro and this site is geared towards gas and oil.

Rules state nothing should be for sale in showcase forum.

Just my few cents.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think a Non-Petro For Sale or Trade Forum is a Good Idea, Because there is alot of stuff that isn't Petro that still relates to the Collecting of Gas Station Items, such as Soda Pop signs, Vending Machines, Tobacco signs, Candy signs, Gumball Machines, (Condom Machines, Had to throw that one in there because I remember a Thread on here about them awhile back.) and Many other Misc. Items that you would have seen in a Gas Station Back in the Day. I think it is a Great Idea Paddy.

Just my 2 Cents,

Jason @ Esse's Garage.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Excellent idea! Gas stations sold and sell more than gas Soda, candy bars etc. Most gas stations had soda machines, candy machines, etc.

Joey

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
i think it would be a very good idea

Sarcasm Is Just One More Free Service I Offer !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
that sounds good to me too.....i collect thermometers and concentrate on oil and auto....so i am usually selling off the other stuff...i wish there was a site as fine as oldgas dealing with other types of advertising....this is the best site !!!!

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm up for the idea as well. Only a 1/2 of my collection is oil and gas, the rest is country store and soda related. Besides, I've been looking to sell about 15 soda machines and having a place to list should would be nice.

------------------
Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool to me !!!

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think it's fine they way it is.I also collect alot of non petro stuff soda/general store/scales ect...So if that kind of thing is for sale in the same thread it's just as easy for me to find the stuff.I think alot of us collect the same items,so I don't see it as a problem but it dosen't matter to me either way just I'm putting m2c.
HAGD Joe

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
With eBay demanding paypal only payment soon & making more people jump off from there,I think an Non Petro For sale area is a good idea for this site.Other themed sites I belong to are adding forums like that as well.
Most who frequent here seem to have alot of spill over itmes anyway that would qualify and interest others in the same circles too.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
If Jim has no objection I am all for the idea. This would save many from having to use other sites for their various collections and those not interested in the non-petro just doesn't use that forum. Thanks for the idea, Paddy.

Mick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great Idea

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I think it is a great idea!

Bob

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I like the idea but we already ask and expect a lot from Jim. If this can be done with little fuss on his part then I say, why not.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think it would be a good idea also as long as it doesn't turn into a mini eBay. Some people send Jim a couple bucks when they sell something through Old Gas. I would hate to see this site turn into a way for people to sell just any kind of junk.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved