Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like it.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree with Wes.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Online Cool
Non-petro stuff has been offered for sale on the Non-petro forum occasionally for years. That's fine.

I personally consider stuff that was regularly found at gas stations back in the good old days to be on the edge of petroliana. Soda advertising and vending machines were often seen at gas stations.

My only concern with adding a new forum and encouraging non-petro is that it could lead to just about anything being listed. How about if we limited it to advertising collectibles, gameroom items and automotive / transportation items? I'm often weeding out those who want to sell the stuff we usually get spam email about.

I'm open to suggestions on this topic.

I have looked at some online auction software. No decision has been made. My big concern is the time needed to administrate. Seems like most users expect the auction site to police repros, con men and other issues. Yikes!

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Jim sez..."How about if we limited it to advertising collectibles, gameroom items and automotive / transportation items?"

you hit the nail on the head.

Jim, I would hate to see it become a "garage sale" forum.
I do not want to overload anyone with more work.
I have no idea what it takes to run a site like this or any other, but I would like to thank you for everything you do for this hobby.

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like the idea. Jack

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I AGREE WITH EVERYONE ELSE.....LETS GO FOR IT!!!!TS ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm in for it, anyway that Oldgas / Jim can profit overall or just the honor system. Anyway sounds Great to me. Cash

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
To me this is a petroliana site. Just the 'Non Petro' works for me. Why cater to another interest? JMTC

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Paddy, I think it's a great idea.
I check the for sale section on oldgas about 10 times a day!
I also check the NON petro section for cool items for sale...
Some guys post the NON petro stuff in the for sale section, Others post for sale in the Non petro section...
IF this is implemented it will show EVERYONE where to put the NON PETRO and there will be NO MORE confusion...
Also the guys that DON'T want to see the NON petro, don't have to check that section!
Again it sounds like a great idea!!!

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree that this is a petroliana forum. Non-petro for sale can be posted in the Non-Petro section. I don't see the need for another section of non-petro. Yes, I realize that if I don't want to see it, I don't have to check it, but I think the site should remain focused on mainly petroliana. Just my opinion.
Tara

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Love the site and I wouldn't disagree with adding a For Sale or trade for Non-petro items but I also see the already existing Non-Petro Discussion and Showcase Forum doing just that. There has been ads for Boats, Cars, Pedal Tractors, Pop Machines, Clocks, and much more.
Mike

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I disagee with starting a new Forum. I think the Non-Petro section works just fine. I'm sure there is a lot of work in modifying the site and is anyone willing to become a Moderator and monitor the site several times a day?

One forum that I think is greatly needed and hasn't been used since April 21st is the Known Repo forum. I always printed copies of "questionable" items so I would have a reference. Jim may allow a new forum but (possibly) in the process, eliminate one that isn't being used. I'd hate to lose this one.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
so far..

for-19
against-5
neutral-1

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i think its a great idea to have a "For Sale" forum.......... however i have always thought that this site needs a "Pumps & Accessories" forum as it seems so much of the conversation is about pumps & their accessories.......

G
G
dont need anymore make work projects! works fine as is... let it be

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved