Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#157213 Sun Oct 25 2009 02:59 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
When I introduced myself to the forum and when many of you responded to my post on displaying unrestored pumps,several of you asked for pictures. What are you interested in?

The main showroom displaying restored pumps,lubesters,high grade signs, globes and so on?

The rustic shop I'm working on to create an unrestored display of service station pieces to contrast with the main showroom? Before and after?

The shop facility being used for calendar shoots?

For my first attempt at getting pictures posted, I'm leaning toward a couple of pictures of the main showroom and two or three pictures of the shop to show the contrast. The shop won't be completed until spring; it gets cold around here and that barrel stove just won't cut it when it's snowing!!

I'll put something togather on what you guys are most interested in. Thank you for your time and thoughts. Hey guys, you are changing my mind faster than I can make it up, and all for the better!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WE LIKE PICTURES,
Good, Bad, restored, Un-restored. Nothing UGLY [unless it's a gas pump or sign] !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
But please,no pelicans or weasels.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So, Is it just me wondering. Do you need an explanation? This is a petroliana (meaning anything gas station related) site. What ya' got? Show us some pics!

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
st.rod #157227 Sun Oct 25 2009 04:14 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I would like to see it all. But that may be me.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JUST SEND US SOMETHING!!! DON`T WORRY IF ITS GAS STATION RELATED RELATED DO IT!!!!! IF ITS IN PROGRESS OR DONE WE DON`T CARE,,,, JUST POST PICTURES!!!! WE`RE WAITING.......ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I like pics of pumps being restored in the workshop. I like playing "I spy"(kids game)see what tools or or other neat projects you have going, I have lots of projects. Then again I like old pics too! Heck I'm like the rest of the gang... I like pics! and a short explanation of what it is and where you got it. tt

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hi oldgoaly,

That opens up another possibility for a later post. I have a picture of the first Deep Rock station in Albuq. that shows a neon spinner clock with crown mounted on its flat roof. I have the clock and a collection of items that came from that station. I was able to assemble the whole collection because that's where we bought gas for our trucks in the mid 50's.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
please post the deep rock

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #157255 Sun Oct 25 2009 06:33 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Shawn, you beat me to it. But, yes please post the Deep Rock photos.

tony

sanford #157266 Sun Oct 25 2009 07:49 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Pics did someone say Pics? We love pics of everything wink

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I just got overwhelmed for now; but now I know what to do. Since I raised the question because of your responce to my post regarding displaying unrestored pumps , I'll do that one first while the original post is still around to relate to.

I'll do the Deep Rock post later after I gather up all stuff that came from that station as it went through several transformations. A picture of that station in 1958 was published in PCM awhile back. I'll bring it up to date and show my collection of items from the station on a later post.

I'm not up to posting pictures myself; barely able to figure out Email. Who can I Email the pictures to for posting? Jim? Doc? Be a few days.

Thank you in advance for your patience with a beginner on computers.

sanford #157323 Mon Oct 26 2009 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Uh , Mr. Iron , look I do scale service stations . That means any good copyable signs and images you have and don't mind sharing are always appreaceated ! I hate to say this but half of the pictures I see taken by some of these members I can not use for several reasons one being that they get taken at wierd angles . I don't have Photo Shop to correct them or I would . Then too having a picture of an origional piece helps me to authenticate a piece to a time period that I can verify it's use . I'm always being asked to back up my displays at shows with reference material . such was a case last Saturday In Norfolk Virginia at a model show there .

Ed Shaver

Last edited by eshaver; Mon Oct 26 2009 10:51 AM. Reason: picture

see ya on the road folks !
eshaver #157324 Mon Oct 26 2009 11:08 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Dammit Spock, just post the pictures for gods sake! Warp 9!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
HI Ed

I think when I post the pictures of the Deep Rock station you will something you can use. THESE ARE VINTAGE PICTURES, I didn't take them.

Included will be a picture of the station from a reasonable angle showing Wayne pumps taller than the attendent ,a Cheverolet pickup and a bicycle that the attendent rode. Perhaps most important to you, a straight on shot of the sign post with a tire sign and a credit card sign hanging off the post below the square Deep Rock sign. I have the credit card sign and will post a picture of it when I do the Deep Rock post. I'm not sure but vintage pictures taken by the people who ran the station might be pretty good certification of what it was really like.

I'll do it. Please give me time to labor thru my first posting of pictures. Like I said, I'm not computer challanged; I'm box of rocks dumb!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved