Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#157832 Fri Oct 30 2009 09:08 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Has anyone ordered from Vics place? I don't know if I should be concerened or not but its been three weeks since I ordered a visi-gauge glass cylinder and I have not received it. A week after I ordered it I decided to just call and make sure my internet order went thru and she told me they didn't have the cylinder it was kind of an odd size, I told her I better check the size again and call her back. I measured it and thank god they didn't have it because I measured wrong. So I called them back and told them the right size she said great they would ship one right away. A week later I called them and she said I'am sorry but they didn't have that size and she was waiting for a new shippment to come in which should be any day.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
C
I called and left a voicemail several weeks back as I was looking to order signs and a globe for my Bennett, and no one ever called back. Went to Gas Pump Heaven instead..

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Greetings. I just had to respond to your concern over the fact that Vics is not doing a good job. I have been ordering from them for quite awhile. I dont like leaving voice mail and like talking to a live voice to place an order. Vics has always been prompt and professional thru the years of my purchases. Awhile back a globe socket was left out of my order and after calling Cari at Vics it was fired off to me within days I had it. Most recently one of my Gilmore door decals came apart while sliding off the backing, I called and talked to Cari and she said sometimes this happens and I was sent annother one (no charge)right away. I hope to soon post an image of this M&S 80 pump on this site. They are a good company. We all shop for the best deals and service, I have ordered from about all of them and Vics gets an A+ Good luck guys with all your projects. Roger, Reno Nv.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have gotten incomplete orders from Vics and Gas pump heaven. Sometimes they contact and other times just ship what they have. Since the new owners took over Vics I have had excellent service and if I have a question I call and a live person talks to me. Could be their vendor has the visi gauge on back order. Both Vics and gas pump heaven use a lot of the same vendors. I would not worry but give them another call. My 2 cents. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I think vics don beaver are doing a good job but you have to understand that everyone is out of some parts ant any given time.

ward

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes I have ordered from the new owners - got my order a little slower because of the shipping distance - but that is all.

I tried to put in a $1,200.00 order at gaspumpheaven once and was cussed out by the owners because I sometimes buy and sell new items at my cost to the members of oldgas "light sockets is what they were referring too". Something about I don't know a blank about business? Since then I will mess with their minds every chance I get.

When I am looking for an item here is where I go IN ODER:

Ron Scobie - www.gaspump.com
Kelly at Pergls
Vics Place
Webbers Pump in Dallas/Ft Worth
Then this forum.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Have a great weekend !

Last edited by souperhigh; Fri Oct 30 2009 03:17 PM.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I've been finding many parts places are expecting orders in from suppliers on a certain date. They pre-sell some of the items before they get there, thus when they don't get them and get the run around they can't make shipments. I've found this in car parts, hardware, and building items. I've bought stuff from Vic's years ago at swap meets always friendly and helpful. Take care! tt

oldgoaly #157881 Fri Oct 30 2009 02:22 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I received a call from GPH, CHEWING my A$$ out about referring 2 guys to someone OTHER than them, not knowing they had the parts needed. In the past they always treated me like a Friend. I NEVER deserved what I received.
NUFF SAID.
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
vics has always been great to me(when seth had it,and after) .as to the other place ,i will keep my mouth shut!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Oct 30 2009 02:42 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Dick,
What are you going to be for Halloween? Weasal or Pelican?

Last edited by souperhigh; Fri Oct 30 2009 03:19 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry your having a problem. I personally have never had a problem with either company. Maybe its because i dont order a lot. Both have been very nice to me. I will say it does take longer sometimes to get my stuff from Vics but i think its because they are in Washington and Im in Missouri.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'll just say this. When I started out restoring gas pumps , Vic's was the only place I ever went to. I found them to be most knowledagable, helpful and cooperative people one could ask for to deal with. Vic's Place, and one particular person I won't name (might embaress ?) had a lot to do with my staying in the gas and oil hobby. They made it easy and fun; what more could one ask for?

I to have been treated badly at Brand "X". I'll stay with Vic's.

Old Iron #157948 Sat Oct 31 2009 02:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good question Maurice, just awoke from 1st nap I've had since I got up yesterday morning ! Still setting in my CAVE,
Thanks
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: souperhigh
Dick,
What are you going to be for Halloween? Weasal or Pelican?

Dick, you could go as a Base Jumper that forgot to pull the Parachute..... eek eek wink.......

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved