Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#157971 Sat Oct 31 2009 07:13 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I want to buy a couple of the porcelain angled lights but most seem to be missing the electrical/pipe/conduit coupling. Are these easy to find/make? Anyone have some official ones available for purchase? Thanks in advance. John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not sure what you mean by angled lights but all of the attaching hardware that you might ever dream up, is generally available at LOWES. I've bought and sold over 3 dozen of assorted porcelain light fixtures, this last year and the attachment parts are easy. Its finding the correct porcelain light socket thats hard. Sometimes theres a bad one or a broken one and I just haven't found a supplier for a bunch of different ones. Maybe someone else on here has a supplier or two? Go to LOWES first and then check with an electrical contractors supply house. You might have to get an electrician friend to buy from them but I'm confident you will find what you're looking for.
Any real tough problems, just post a picture on here or email me and I'll see if I can find it for you. Good luck----KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kevin, checkout TXlampparts.com they just might have some of the items you are looking for. Leviton makes a "ton" of different sockets, might want to check with a local industrial electrical supplier. Funny how many sell to the general public, they just don't advertise it.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
TX Lamp parts is a great site and has aseveral parts that would work in gas pump restoration but what I'm really looking for are the commercial porcelain sockets with several types of metal connectors to attach to the shades. I'm going to see if I can get a Leviton catalogue somewhere and just keep looking, I guess. Thanks for the website info, Its a good spot to look, if you've never been there! Very helpful. Would have a lot of great stuff for building a lighted globe shelf!!!!

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have had good luck finding the old sockets from LEVITON.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe--I just spent an hour going thru a multitude of Leviton catalogues. Could you point me in a better direction? I can't seem to find any of the older type stuff that I'm looking for. What I'm really wanting is a porcelain lampholder that has a metal cap screwed onto the bottom where the wires would exit and this metal cap would have external threads for a retaining nut and internal threads for a mounting pipe (usually 1/2 inch). These were very commonly used on barn, station, pole lights in the earlier days.
Fueluser--I didn't mean to take over your thread, I'm just very interested in where to obtain some of these same materials! I hope you find the discussion informative!---KEVIN

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They have the porcelain part but not the 1/2" IPS threaded ends.
Back when I restored pumps & sold parts we were always stripping them off the parts pumps and saving them for the resto's.

There is a company named HILLMAN that may carry them.
I don't have any contact info on them.

I have had some luck looking in old hardware stores for outdated nuts & bolts and junk like that.

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I want to purchase two lamp shades like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-VTG-Porcelain-E...=item27aca0cfd7

so I need the tops something like these for the pipe or conduit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-Green-Porcelain-...=item27aca0e5cd

Thanks.

Last edited by Fueluser; Sat Oct 31 2009 04:07 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Better off getting good everything than trying to find parts, & piece them together......unless you have a lot of knowledge of these things....I don't

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved