Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
db wasn't too far off in his estimates on member activity.
Shop Talk has:
1250 members who have never posted a message, including many recently signed up
2550 who have posted only one message, so far
6077 unique visitors in October
452,476 pages viewed on Shop Talk in October

The current number of members and names of the 5 newest members are displayed on the lower left column of the Portal page on Shop Talk.

I deleted several thousand banned spam abusers from the statistics when I made the upgrade in January. Rejected new member applicants no longer show up in any stats now.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Oldgas #158145 Sun Nov 01 2009 08:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,
Not counting a WEASEL & a PELICAN, What are unique visitors ?
Can you tell how many different members did a post/reply last month ?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Guys,
When I recently joined the forum I had no idea there are literally thousands of registered members! I think it would really benefit the hobby as a whole if more members posted more often. For me, that's what the forum is all about; an exchange of ideas,information and honest opinions expressed.

Old Iron #158151 Sun Nov 01 2009 09:32 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Very well said Old Iron!!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Good Morning Guys & Gals! I have been watching this post since the very first question was asked and thought in the beginning I would just stay out of it and not cause trouble like so many others like to do. Well after watching some of the rude comments and false accusations that were later edited and now Jack accusing our company of stealing his images I refuse to sit back and be accused of theft when it is not true. As most of you know we purchased this business and web site from Seth and ALL of the pictures that were on the web site when it was purchased 18 months ago. Now the way most REAL MEN would have handled this would have been to have given the owner of the accused business a call or even an email to let him know that the images on his web site were used without his permission so the problem could have been resolved! But NO instead he decided to get on here and try to hurt our company by airing out problems that should have been resolved in a professional manor. As far as to your again rude comments about selling me stuff, as I remember you posted within the last month or so about how you were stuck with thousands of dollars worth of air meter ID books you could not sell so I offered to help you get out from under this problem, but again NO you did not even have the common courtesy to return my emails and decided to try and hurt us again on here. As for the comments from others about the Ebay auctions that we have running I checked the Ebay rules and regulations I could not find any where were we were not allowed to sell pump parts and supplies so I guess you will have to keep looking through them and the 100 plus air meter parts that will be listed in the very near future. I thought the idea here was to help others by offering our knowledge and time to promote the petroliana hobby but again I was wrong, the real idea is to have a place where we can try and hurt others. It was mentioned that there were 11,000 members on here but 3000 have only posted once and 4000 lurk without even posting. There is a reason for that they had there heads bitten off by a few on here that like to cause trouble so now they refuse to even post. We get over 100 calls a day at Vic's and ship hundreds of orders each week so needless to say many of our customers ask where they can go to ask questions and gain knowledge. We have recommend Oldgas.com hundreds of times a few that have never been here say thanks and many others tell us there is no way they would come back here after the way they were treated on there first few visits. So I think its time for the few that cause the problems on here to either go away or grow up and treat others in a nice and friendly manor before more people are driven away to the other channel. Pretty soon the only ones left will be the ones that like to cause trouble and the rest will be over visiting with the ever so quickly growing Cheese group. And last but not least I would like to thank the members who have posted the positive comments about Vics66.com, we look forward to working with you in the future

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
SO I belong to another group that is like visiting the grave yard (yawn)Metal workers group(yawn). Old gas is the high lite of my day. I was very supprised at how welcoming the members are to new people they dont even know. Aside from a little bickering I think this site is great. The problem is mixing business with fun.
Thanks old gas it keeps me off Craigslist r&r

Rick & Jean Nelson

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
You know, I started restoring gas pumps in 1992. I know many on here started restoring before me and remember like I do the days when all these reproduction pump parts didn't exist. You had to try and get two or three "partially complete" gas pumps in orde to make one complete one. And some parts were simply unobtainable. It's been amazing to watch how things have evolved over the past 17+ years. Now it's rare to come across a pump that can't be saved due to the diligent efforts of Don, Seth before him, Ron Scobie and alike. Just like everybody else, I have my favorite pump suppliers and those I look to before others, but I appreciate the efforts of everyone out there who provides parts and pieces that make it possible to salvage what were previously unsalvageable pumps. And the fact that people have been able to make a business out of it is truly amazing. So do whatever you need to make things work...flood ebay, send out emailers, or anything else. My greatest fear is that Ron Scobie or Don and the others are going to decide one day that this pump thing just doesn't make sense. And if that day every comes my friends, it will be a sad one indeed. Keep up the good work Don...there are WAY more of us that appreciate all you do than those who don't.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I edited my post to just try to keep the conflict down. My post were true facts.
I did use ebay's and your buy it now on a item on Oct.4th and paid that same day which two weeks later you replied to my email and said you did not even have any in stock.Your auction read 4 available.FACT !!
Finally , yesterday on Oct 31 some one from Joel's place brought it buy the house.
There was never any part of my post that was not the truth.
As for you gripe with the others I don't give a rat's *****.
But don't call me a ***** when You were the one selling stuff and taking payment for stuff you did not have which I believe is against eBay's rules.
Don't act like God when you like the rest of us are human.
Maurice Campbell

Last edited by souperhigh; Sun Nov 01 2009 10:55 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Percentage wise more have left that closed to members only group than have quit posting here. When their members have something to sell or to announce a new item, they post it on OLDGAS before listing on ebay ! Why ? More readers on an open SITE & you don't have to be a member here.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don’t get me wrong – I do not have a problem with Vics flooding ebay with ads – I was just wondering if it really worked for them or not? Plus my usual searching “visible pump” etc. were now flooded with repo parts – just making it harder and taking me longer to find a part quickly because I have to sort through all the new listings. Hey if it works and makes your company money I am all for it!

I have talked to a lot of people that look at the forum everyday and never post – just because they do not have something to say or do not know the answers…

What I have found here is most of the regular posters here – like DB and me fight from time to time, but never keep a grudge – it’s like being married – but DB is playing the roll of the wife… lol

Alright Mr. B, get back in the freaking kitchen and cook me dinner already! lol

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
But Travis wears the SKIRT & BRA in Public even when he ain't playing his Bagpipes !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man, am I glad that my part of this family lives up here in the "normal" Pacific Northwest, LOL.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
But you have to put up with Stover drinking your beer

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I didn't say it was perfect, just normal

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Come on now sugar lips - don't tell em all our secrets!

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved