Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is my 30's British Globe, Redline was owned by the Union Oil Company

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for posting the photo of the Redline globe Gary! It seems like the majority of foreign globes are "non-canteen" shaped. Here is a photo of a Shell clam shaped globe from Mexico next to its American counterpart. The second photo shows a European Esso oval and a European Shell globe that were sold at the Matthews Auction last weekend in Peotone, Illinois. Lets see some more Shells, Crowns, ovals, and more Foreign globes. Thanks for posting!

Lonnie Hop

IMG_2274.JPG IMG_6047.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Heres a couple that...FrankI have

I collect anything Hyvis oils
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's my Swedish SHELL globe, a little different than most, with the special "S".

SHELL original.jpg
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Here's one of my oval ones, Gang (three-piece glass). Best, John in Wisconsin

Welco1DSC00004.jpg
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Great globes! Would it be possible to paint a brand on a light globe such as this? It's about 8 inches tall. Would be pretty cool.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These were at an auction in NY quite a few years ago.
Did not sell for repro dollars but that's what I'm told they are...

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The 1-piece cast globes with the star are reproductions. Webers (out of Texas) sells repo globes, signs, and pump parts and had some of these made up back in the 80s, at least that is the story I have heard from several people.

I'll dig up a few more photos of "non-canteen" shaped globes out later tonight and post them. Lets see some ovals, Crowns, Shells, and some more foreign globes. Thanks to everyone who posted so far!

Lonnie

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a few photos of "fish bowl" 1-piece globes. I am not sure who coined that term. Other than the fact that they are round they really would not work the best for a fish bowl!

Most round globes are generic with names like Filtered Gas, Guaranteed Measure, Full Measure, Etc. The globes in the second and third photos are from the Bruce Bednar collection and are all pretty rare. There are very few round globes known to exist with company names on them.

Take a few minutes to share your photos of unusual shaped globes. Thanks!

Lonnie

IMG_6068.JPG IMG_3001.JPG IMG_3002.JPG

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's one more photo that Bob Drake (aka Lastgas) sent me some time ago. In Bob's own words "This globe is so ugly that it's kinda neat". I think it might be foreign.

Lonnie Hop

drake foreign.jpg

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Guys & Gals;

Here are a couple more Auction photos. The Colonial is a flat 8 sided lense on a unique metal body. Colonial Beacon (Boston, Mass.) used this type of globe in the 1920s and they are quite rare.

Texaco used the star shaped 1-piece in their Australian market. Most foreign globes are not that popular here in the U.S. but this one given the Texaco name and the fact that it is just a great globe to look at brings some pretty serious money when one sells here in the states.

I'll keep looking for more photos of non-canteen shaped globes and in the meantime if you have anything to add to this post please take a few minutes and contribute. Thanks!

Lonnie Hop

IMG_0715_6.JPG IMG_3760.JPG

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Three more from England, BP and Dominion are 1930's Cleveland from around 1960

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Looking good everyone!

We have seen a couple of Cities Service clover globes. Here is a group shot that I got a several years ago of the six different Cities Service black and white clover globes. There are 13 different clover globes when you factor in different body styles and the 1-piece clover globes they used.

Lets see some more ovals, foreign globes, and non-canteen shaped globes. Thanks!

Lonnie

IMG_1370.JPG

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I bought this pair of early etched clams out of NJ couple of years back.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've also seen the star shaped globe on the cover of some New Zealand Texaco maps I had the pleasure to see at Peotone.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved