Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As Petropumps says... One Man show!!! Everytime I restore a pump or air meter, I say a big thank you that Ron's shop is only 15 minutes from my business in Minnesota. To anyone who thinks they have had a problem, take the time next time you talk to him and ask him about his coming weeks schedule because it probably sound like this... Monday reading e-mails and shipping orders, Tuesday running to the cast guy to drop off new items to cast and pick up orders, then fill phone and e-mail orders, Wednesday running stuff to chrome shop, picking up manufactured items filling orders and taking apart a visi-guage to take and have parts made for customer request, fill orders and ship stuff. This goes on and on! So Please till you have taken time to chat with Ron or see his operation, do not write him off. He is one of the nicest most knowledgeable guys I have met for restoration parts in this hobby....If he doesn't have it he will take the time to tell you what he would do or even send you to another supplier that would have what you need.
And as far as customer service...When he used to go to Iowa Gas, he would sell from his trailer from first thing in the morning till dark and My wife and I brought him lunch one time cause he never got a chance to go get it, and he ate while taking care of customers placing orders.
Ron loves the business and the hobby and hopefully he's around for a long time making and suppling us parts to make our projects that much better!!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
G
Well sir, I guess that's the problem with today's society. Let's go ahead and reward bad behavior and make excuses why it's acceptable. I guess it worked for Paris Hilton and kim kardasion.

gameon #532113 Wed Apr 30 2014 03:43 PM
G
G
The above post is directed to Mr. Bennett. Not the others whom support Mr. Scobie, I actually respect and appreciate your point of views.

gameon #532114 Wed Apr 30 2014 03:51 PM
There are always two sides to the story...

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C'mon gameon?....ten days?..really?...I have food sticking to the walls of my oven older then that.
That is nothing to be upset about or "rehash" as you put it,especially since Ron is a one man band & jumps through hoops to single-handedly help our hobby,and at an age when most wouldn't even consider doing what he does.
(Congrats on turning 69 last month Mr. S.)
Apparently he never really upset you either,as you admit that,"Today,I figured I'll give him another shot and send an e-mail requesting a total price".
How does his polite & timely reply back to you insult you?...scratching my head here.
I've never met Ron,but look forward to it one day & wouldn't hesitate at even writing a blank check for him if need be.

You need to take a closer look at yourself and what you are saying and not be so negative..

10245587_10201955923528297_5306995523962493965_n (339x420).jpg
Last edited by Cold Pizza; Wed Apr 30 2014 07:12 PM.
G
G
I guess your comprehension is bad. I'll try to explain again. I wasn't upset that he didn't get back to me. I ordered the items from someone else since I knew it would take longer since he only takes checks and 10 days had already passed with no response. In fact it didn't cross my mind on how slow his response was on the first order since I wasn't in a hurry when I put the second order in. What got me was his reply to my 2nd order saying that I wasted his time by not buying the first order from him, thus he will not fulfill the 2nd order. I am not aware of any business that takes 2 weeks to provide a shipping quote on a $50 order. I know my menial amount of business is no impact to his profit margin, but don't try to push the blame on me, since I went to another vendor because it takes 2 weeks to get a shipping quote on a $50 order of eco face plates. I think my expectations are realistic. It seems like the man provides a good product and service to the restorers, I don't refute that. I'm just providing an experience I had dealing with him not to mention others who have contacted me and will remain nameless that have had issues also but don't want to risk ******* the man off and not being able to by parts that are only exclusively sold by him.

Last edited by Watchdog7; Wed Apr 30 2014 05:46 PM.
gameon #532139 Wed Apr 30 2014 05:56 PM
Originally Posted By: gameon
I guess your comprehension is bad. I'll try to explain again.

That is no way to win friends and influence people. I would assume that when all other responders don't "comprehend" me, I might possibly have either not explained myself well or I might just be wrong.

I think Ron really said between the lines, "You wasted my time by not responding to my effort to quote you a total with shipping. I'm not going to waste my time again with you."

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
gameon #532141 Wed Apr 30 2014 06:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You guess wrong.
Maybe living in an instant world has irritated you to the point of not getting an instant response,so you seeked & pulled up a 5 year old topic to air it out where no else was.
I still see nothing wrong w/Rons actions in either account with you.Sometimes daily life takes precedence over work,and maybe Ron had one of those weeks.
I find interesting that whenever someone feels outnumbered,they refer to anonymous others who they say have contacted them privately feeling the same way,but yet they won't name names for fear of ***** people off.
Seriously?...Maybe because they don't really exist.

Oldgas #532144 Wed Apr 30 2014 06:11 PM
G
G
Your right sir bad opening. In any case for those who agree with and understand my point that's great, for those who don't thats your prerogative. And thanks mr. Potts for allowing us to post our opinions on your website,that's what makes America a great country.

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I never get involved in a thread like this but I will just say this. I deal with a lot of venders in this hobby. They each have there place for me and I have no complaints about any of them. I dread the day Ron retires because he makes a lot of the parts no one else will. He does not do it to make a living but the love of the hobby.I would not want to be as busy as Ron is. Richard

gameon #532152 Wed Apr 30 2014 06:29 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
"I know my menial amount of business is no impact to his profit margin" Do you really think Ron is making a great deal of money reproducing parts for rare gas pumps? Wow! Again!

I just want to add one more thing (At one of my previous jobs they nicknamed me 2-cent. Go figure!) and then I'm done with this one. I think Ron's long and unrivaled support for this hobby speaks for itself.

Ron’s ordering page says something like he gets more orders and requests than he can process in a timely fashion so be patient. It also says he charges ACTUAL shipping. So until he has your order complete, packaged, and weighed he doesn’t know your total. But his website has a price list and you can pretty much guess what shipping will be. On my last order Ron sent me an email saying the price of something was a couple bucks more now than the listed price on the website. I replied “no problem” (where else will I get it?) and within an hour I had an email with a total price AND a tracking number BEFORE I even sent the payment! Was it on the day I ordered it? No. It was about a week after but I wasn’t worried. If two weeks went by I might have sent him a follow up email. And the order that shipped today I still don’t know the total. There will be a bill in the package and he knows I will send the payment and I know I am getting high quality parts!

Gameon. There is a reason why so many people recommended Ron to you. Maybe next time you will trust the people who have been in the hobby a long time to steer you in the right direction. Did you send a follow-up email about your order or an order cancellation before you ordered from someone else? I doubt you have twisted Ron so bad that you won’t be able to rectify it and order parts from him again. But if you did, stick to collecting Tokheim 39’s and Wayne 70’s. LOL!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gameon (Mark), I am not going to "pile on"... I believe that the Membership has said everything I could have and probably much better and much calmer... LOL (I am known to "fly off the handle", on a semi-regular basis)

If you don't mind some advise? I will pass on some insight I have gathered in being in the Hobby for multiple decades...

For all of the "new blood" coming into the Hobby... We are still a very close knit Community... And rest assured, we are a Community...

There are so many Hobbyists, that I will never get to meet. (unfortunately)

But, if my name is mentioned... Some of them will give a "thumbs down", even though they have never met or even talked to me over the phone... I did that to myself, with my posts, PMs and Emails...

There are others (I hope), that again I have never met or talked to... That will/might give a "thumbs up"... When my name is mentioned...

But, either way all the Oldgas Members can judge you by.... Is your words and how you present them....

I've made more than my fair share of mistakes in the Hobby and on Oldgas... And I am trying to "live down" and change some of the perceptions that I put forth by my comments and my opinions...

I hope you will consider what has been said and will contact Ron and talk over the problems that you have voiced... If you don't, so be it...

But, this Hobby being such a close nit community; We tend to stick behind those that are a "asset" to the Hobby...

And I will add my name to the Hobbyists that feel that Ron is "First Rate and Honest"!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I to have ordered parts from Ron & have Always received items w/ an attached invoice. Never been disappointed in the Quality.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said Bob. Sound advice. Life is short.
Dave
REMEMBER: It's all just stuff.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have never been disappointed in the quality either...But he is very thin skinned

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved