Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#159896 - Sat Nov 14 2009 12:16 AM What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay!
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
I buy and sell on Ebay a lot, but everytime I see something suspectious I want to let guys on this website know about it, but, it doesn't seem to be a subject we can all comment about. But...I decided to try anywhay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250526770728

Read down, notice that he state "These" signs. I wonder how many he has?

How about any of you who notice things like this posting it here, there are still many who come on this site who know nothing about Ebay and bidding.

Jack Sim

Edited by Jack Sim (Sat Nov 14 2009 12:17 AM)

#159900 - Sat Nov 14 2009 12:45 AM Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! [Re: Jack Sim]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Jack there are quite a few that post ??? items here
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=5&page=1

#159901 - Sat Nov 14 2009 12:49 AM Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! [Re: Dick Bennett]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
Sorry, should have looked there first, you can move this if you want.

JS

#159904 - Sat Nov 14 2009 05:19 AM Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! [Re: Jack Sim]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
??? does it matter if he has 1 or 3

#159905 - Sat Nov 14 2009 05:45 AM Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! [Re: KZ1000]
Ohio Oil Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Northwest Ohio
I've bought from this guy before and have him listed as a favorite seller. If he sells a repop he lists it as such whenever I've been watching.

#159907 - Sat Nov 14 2009 06:28 AM Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! [Re: Ohio Oil]
Oldgas Moderator Offline

Loc: Jefferson County, Mo, USA
Moved from General Petroliana Discussion to Online Auctions, eBay forum

#159908 - Sat Nov 14 2009 06:37 AM Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! [Re: Ohio Oil]
Garage-A-GoGo Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Midwest
I have spoken with this seller on the phone (not about this sign)and he explained he lives in an area that is rich in old porcelain and tin signs. I have watched his auctions and he sells some killer original signs as well as manufacturing some very nice reproduction porcelain signs all of which are DATED and LICENSED!!!, I think the company on the re-pops is Vintage Concepts. I believe him to be quite honest and a great person to deal with, as I have purchased several signs from him. All his auctions state whether they are "Real or Re-pop" Besides- I don't think anyone would waste their time re-poping and distressing such a plain jane sign anyways.
Just my buck ninty-eight ninty two!

Edited by Garage-A-GoGo (Sat Nov 14 2009 06:53 AM)

#159909 - Sat Nov 14 2009 06:43 AM Re: What to look out for when you are bidding on Ebay! [Re: Garage-A-GoGo]
Seth Robbins Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Guthrie, OK. 73044
All Clarence did was use a saved "template" from when he sells his ltd ed repro signs and forgot to change "these" to "this".

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved