Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16028 Thu Jul 08 2004 06:58 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have started working on my Wayne 70. It had three broken hinges and three good ones when I got it. I have since bought three originals off E-bay. When I went to mount the doors back on to see how they fit I noticed that a couple of the hinges have more of a curve to them than the others therefore curving out a bit farther than the others. My question is did Wayne make slightly different versions of the hinges for this pump as the years went by or do the hinges with more of a curve go in top, middle, or bottom or does it not matter?? I am having some problems getting the doors to fit so the clamps will catch on the edge of the door. I have one hinge that won't clear the frame/side panel but it seems exactly like the others I have in size and shape and will not fit on the top, bottom or middle. Confused!!!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#16029 Fri Jul 09 2004 09:00 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
i havent worked on a 70 for a long time but i remember playing with those hinges, & all 3 are the same.
The doors at one time or another seemed to get pushed open tooooooooooo far, Bending the hinges & the doors some.
ive had to carefully bend the hinges back into shape. a door skin body hammer works great to put the correct curve back into the sides of the doors.

i always look at the hinge side of a 70 door to see if its humped out where the hinges bolt. and the hinges always seem to be twisted a bit too. MAKE sure you have it all fit before painting!

lots of playing around to get the doors to swing nice & get the doors to latch good but its EZ it just takes some time.

#16030 Fri Jul 09 2004 09:54 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Keitha. A couple of weeks ago you mentioned not being able to find the bezels for your Wayne 70. Did you find some?

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
#16031 Fri Jul 09 2004 02:24 PM
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Tom. I think you are right on just adjusting on the hinges and doors. I do think a couple of the hinges are bent a little along with the door. I will keep working at it. I have all the parts I need at this point except a reset handle.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
#16032 Fri Jul 09 2004 08:06 PM
Tom is exactly right. Sometimes the doors are opened up too far causing the hinges to bend. I just did one not long ago and had to tweak the hinges some.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved