Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Does any one have a Union 76 6' ball on display? Sure would like to see a picture. I am having second thoughts on how it would look sticking up in the woods probably next to a station that is a lot older than the sign. Any pictures would be appreciated
Thanks
Rick Nelson

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
rick there is one down the road from me on its original pole.if you want i can get a pic.otherwise i think its"hang it on a wall"

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I was hoping to see a 76 ball in some ones collection. To see how it fit in with all the other flat sign posts. This is the full 6' ball not a wall mount sign. Thanks for the offer OLDNFUELISH but I have pictures of them at stations but have never seen one in a collection.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I have only seen one...pictured in a Calif. collection.It's on this site somewhere, I don't know how to find it though.They are way too big for most people, that's why no one has one to show.Most are 8 foot diameter. If you decide you don't want it, drop me a line.
Greg

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hope you have a Large building.
Bill Stevens in San Jose has/had one in his shop, last time I was there.

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
HSL....... here's an interesting read:

http://www.savethe76ball.com/

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Whooooaa thats a cool web site. thanks bob
We live up in the hills where it would only be visable at night as a large glowing orange object in the hills. Do you think any one would notice it? No thats what i'm telling my wife!
We had a woman drive up to our place one time to drop her kid off to play with our son. I found her down the road confused with there being a gas station in the woods on a road that lead nowhere. I think she was wondering what kind of a nut her kids friends parents were.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...as rare as they are to find in collections (thanks to the efforts of Unocal), I'd be loathe to hang one anywhere outdoors, especially in the woods...one good ice storm and some falling tree limbs and you'd have a lot of worthless broken plastic on your hands...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I was actualy more worried about bullets. Would a bullet shatter the ball or just put a hole through it?

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I would think it would put a hole through it. The exit might be a little bigger though eek

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rick, I Have a lighted 6' 76 ball hanging from an old Standard fluted pole, I will try to get a PIC and send it to your E-mail this week, I haven't tried to post any PICS on this site yet - shame on me! It is the type that is shaped like a contact lense. Brady

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
1petrofan
I would like to see the picture but this is a actual 6'? sphere ball. I am not sure but I think Santa clause is bringing me a contact lens type 76 sign. At least I drove her to the guys house and she got out and dealt with him. And I THINK I have been good this year

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rick, it is a six foot spear. I took Pics today, I will try to get them to you Monday. I did pretty good on mine, I got the sign and the pole for $200. Brady

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
All this talk about pictures and I don't see a one. Your killing me!!! Email me the pictures and I'll be more than happy to post, PLEASE.
Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved