Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
t-ray #160465 Tue Nov 17 2009 01:47 PM
F
F
I guess one thing that really bothers me personally is when a single item like a rare "Pioneer Club" (Las Vegas)license plate topper (I will use this as an example) hits the market through e-Bay or any other source in high volume, it can bring the value down over time and make it less sought after and valuable by collectors like ourselves. I personally have a original "Pioneer Club" topper that was given to me by my sister in-law when she lived and worked in Las Vegas. I value this topper and had it appraised at between $250.00 to $300.00 because of it's condition vintage. The last one that treasureray sold that ended last weekend ended at $90.00 because of the number he has sold in the last few months.
If I wanted to sell my original in the immediate future, I'm not sure I would get any more than $90.00 for mine!
They no longer have the value they once had and they may never gain back their value in the market.

Freddie

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Fred....Greetings from Butte

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: freddiesgarage
I guess one thing that really bothers me personally is when a single item like a rare "Pioneer Club" (Las Vegas)license plate topper (I will use this as an example) hits the market through e-Bay or any other source in high volume, it can bring the value down over time and make it less sought after and valuable by collectors like ourselves. I personally have a original "Pioneer Club" topper that was given to me by my sister in-law when she lived and worked in Las Vegas. I value this topper and had it appraised at between $250.00 to $300.00 because of it's condition vintage. The last one that treasureray sold that ended last weekend ended at $90.00 because of the number he has sold in the last few months.
If I wanted to sell my original in the immediate future, I'm not sure I would get any more than $90.00 for mine!
They no longer have the value they once had and they may never gain back their value in the market.

Freddie

EXACTLY, that is why REPOPS, Dated or Not are useless for this hobby, They all have lowered the orignal's value and will continue to do so for years to come, I have sold a lot of my signs for that very reason, It just isn't FUN anymore.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Isn't is nice how money always brings out the best in people?Over 1,300 views with only about 25 people posting. Thats not a dissusion; it's a specator sport. Is this good for the hobby? I don't think so. Ryan you might want to rethink your position unless we hear from some of that 1,000 plus views that are watching this.IMO.

Alex #160485 Tue Nov 17 2009 04:05 PM
T
T
Seth, your implication seems that I was selling signs at a show of some big Pennzoil signs?? I have never sold any large Pennzoil signs with the bell..?? And I Dont Sell at shows. I buy at shows and sell on Ebay exclusive.. This is getting stupid!

And Gulfiend I myself cant even read the numbers in the photo..but yet you can?? You are "The Man with X-Ray Eyes". I knew you had no intention to buy anything anyway,asking me to read it 6 days into the auction as I have had you blocked from over a year ago. You just want to point fingers, argue as if you are the Ebay police!!
Gulfiend, I love the description on that Rexall sign !! You sell a $2000 sign and specifically say the neon is old and 100% all original, quote"And, all of the neon is original and intact" then after it is sold now ask the experts here today for "comments" about the age of the neon.. ??

Shouldnt you ask for Age Comments "Before" you sell it? Talk about misrepresentation?

Since your all about posting emails..Also post the entire email(not just some partial copy and paste..) you got back from VC Signs as we all want to see it.
T-ray Still on the the hot seat!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ryan, I take it back. Let it play out. At least then everyone will know how this hobby really works and can make decisions accordingly.

t-ray #160488 Tue Nov 17 2009 04:16 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: t-ray
Seth, your implication seems that I was selling signs at a show of some big Pennzoil signs?? I have never sold any large Pennzoil signs with the bell..?? And I Dont Sell at shows. I buy at shows and sell on Ebay exclusive.. This is getting stupid!

And Gulfiend I myself cant even read the numbers in the photo..but yet you can?? You are "The Man with X-Ray Eyes". I knew you had no intention to buy anything anyway,asking me to read it 6 days into the auction as I have had you blocked from over a year ago. You just want to point fingers, argue as if you are the Ebay police!!
Gulfiend, I love the description on that Rexall sign !! You sell a $2000 sign and specifically say the neon is old and 100% all original, quote"And, all of the neon is original and intact" then after it is sold now ask the experts here today for "comments" about the age of the neon.. ??

Shouldnt you ask for Age Comments "Before" you sell it? Talk about misrepresentation?

Since your all about posting emails..Also post the entire email(not just some partial copy and paste..) you got back from VC Signs as we all want to see it.
T-ray Still on the the hot seat!

Why would you think that I was talking about you??

T
T
[quote=Seth Robbins
Why would you think that I was talking about you?? [/quote]
Uh.... You mention Indiana..my home state and Im one of the posters.

t-ray #160491 Tue Nov 17 2009 04:44 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
tray....I would rather express my thoughts as pictures rather than words from here on out.

socony.jpg socony1.jpg
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Hmmmmm.....

cflange.jpg cflange1.jpg
t-ray #160493 Tue Nov 17 2009 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And Gulfiend I myself cant even read the numbers in the photo..but yet you can?? You are "The Man with X-Ray Eyes".

...no, silly - but I can see that there are numbers there!

You just want to point fingers, argue as if you are the Ebay police!!

...wrong again, just trying to get an honest answer...and the eBay police will handle you soon enough...a big part of Oldgas is trying to educate people to keep them from wasting their money on misrepresented reproductions...

then after it is sold now ask the experts here today for "comments" about the age of the neon.. ??

...still mistaken...I posted that for the amusement of anyone who knows anything about neon - and to further illustrate how out of your depth you are...

...as to the email from VC Signs...you (or anyone else) is free to contact VC Signs and ask them yourself - the only part of it that is any of your business is the following:

"The Champion sign is a reproduction. It was made in 1999."

...what does your sign say?...have you 'unpacked' it yet to check?...why not post a photo of it for all of us to see?

...if you're 'still on the hot seat', what little brains you had must be charcoal by now... laugh

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
t-ray #160495 Tue Nov 17 2009 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
its not surprising but the smoke & now blatant lies are starting to fly..

.Ray i have never bought anything from you,never have & never will, i knew better 20 years ago, i believe your talking about Bob Newman buying the Pepsi topper...Remember ripping him off in indy?? not a very good move, Bob is 6' 7''

ray got one thing right, he don't sell anywhere except ebay, actually he can't sell anywhere but online...if he went anywhere in person, things would not go well for poor ray..

yes ray i do sell to Famous Daves & other chain restaurants, however if i sell them a repo, they know it because i tell them, something you would not understand, THE TRUTH.....yes i am doing well enough to golf ray , because i get repeat customers, unlike you, you need to find new suckers all the time...

all those clocks are in my collection ray & not for sale.... all of the outer glass, neon & faces are 100% original...just another smoke screen by ray

just about everything that has come out of ray's mouth is a lie, as you can see he loves to cover his butt by making stuff up & telling total lies about others........ray can't go anywhere as he would be mobbed by disgruntled customers.......i travel all over the country for shows & there are many people here who can vouch for me, however many of them do not want to get involved in this *****....guess i can't blame them........

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Where's the guys from CSI Miami when I need them....V-C Signs, V-C 1999????? "We may never know (David Caruso over-acting pulling off his aviator sunglasses), we may never know"

cflange1.jpg
Last edited by Seth Robbins; Tue Nov 17 2009 05:00 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I believe my 'x-ray eyes' can discern 'VC 1-99' or something to that extent... laugh

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T-Ray do you honestly think you have helped your future ebay sales? Checking just now I see over 10,800 registered users on Oldgas. Of those that check here regularly, both registered and lurkers, I wonder how many are shaking their heads and making notations NOT to do business with you? You are asked questions, but haven't answered any of them, all you have done is attacked. How about pulling out your sign(s) and show us? That way questions will be answered once and for all. Also, you didn't answer my question on replacement faces on your clocks. Do you advertise them as original, even though you say you replace the faces? I don't have a "Dog in this fight", I'm just a member here and an Ebay customer, so either you will answer my question, attack me for asking the question or just ignore my question, which will raise more questions in others.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved