Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Ray, I wanted to ask you about the Sinclair license toppers (and other license toppers) you've sold a ton of on e-bay. I sent you an e-mail and suggested that you tell people they are repops since I've seen you sell so many of them but you're still selling them as originals. Did you buy a box of those and if so could you post a picture? I would like to buy one but don't want a repop. If you can support your claim that they are original I would be interested. Thanks!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As a newbie, I want to explain to all involved, as to what my reactions are! This hobby can be very expensive at times and the thought of being robbed with a reproduction being passed off as original, terrifies me! I work very hard for my funds and to be sold a "pig in a poke" would infuriate me! This whole thing with unmarked reproductions causes me to be so overly cautious that I've often missed out on some terriffic deals because I was unsure.
I have been dealing on Ebay for over 5 years and I have over 500 transactions with 100% feedback, yet I still feel intimidated by some of the articles that get presented. My reaction is to simply steer clear of "ANYTHING" that I'm unsure of! This has to hurt the the hobby as a whole, if there are many more like me and I'm afraid that number is growing every day! Its a sad fact that money can and does corrupt people to the point that they are no longer honest with others or themselves. Very sad!
As someone who has made the concious decision to continue within this hobby, I have no alternative but to educate myself whenever and however I can. I have always known that there were unscrupulous characters out there, that care about nothing but seperating me from my hard earned dollars! I can only hope that I have aligned myself with enough of the "good people" in this hobby, that I will be protected as much as possible! I have full intention of passing everything that I learn to the next newbie that I encounter! If we all do this, possibly it will save this hobby we all enjoy so much.
On closing theres an old law enforcement quote that springs to mind in situations like this-------T-Ray, me thinks thou doust protest too much!!!!!!!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
strnge #160533 Tue Nov 17 2009 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
ray also likes selling these repo cast brass advertising signs which he has done for years....he says they are old in the ad but i can guarantee you they are not....he has been selling these Pepsi & railroad ones for years now & i see he is expanding his nos find of these to Louisville Slugger .....that Louisville would be worth a fortune if real & original, however i am sure ray managed to find a whole nos box of them.....

Check out these 3 auctions of the cast brass repos......all are new, however in his ad he says they are old
just another LIE
the list goes on & on of rays repos.....BUYER BEWARE !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1933-PEPSI-COLA-Bras...=item588465a22d

not original

http://cgi.ebay.com/1940s-PRR-Pennsylvan...=item5d26f8006d

not original

http://cgi.ebay.com/Louisville-Slugger-B...=item588465a2cb

not original

i think we have heard the last of ray for awhile, but don't forget his ebay auctions ...keep the rookies informed

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...yeah - that much different brass in one place, sold over an extended period of time...and NOS Pepsi street buttons that were obviously recast from a well-worn original...more red flags than Mao's birthday in Red Square...

...to be clear here - the Champion sign produced by VC Signs is clearly marked - and the maker was upfront, forthcoming and quick to respond regarding the origins of the sign when asked about it...that's a good thing and should be noted...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I think there is no gray area when it comes to being a reproduction or counterfeit.
A repro is marked or shaped to make sure one can distinguish the difference.
We all know what happens to folks who counterfeit money!!!

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Well said KW Frith.
I agree with everything you said! The unmarked repos scare the HELL out of me.. I too avoid some great items just because of this.
Ric

Last edited by DuceCpe; Tue Nov 17 2009 08:21 PM.

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
here is a coke brass tag that is repo that ray sells', this is an old ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380167267327

wow this building must have had many Louisville Slugger Brass plaques, here is an old ebay auction & i am sure he has sold many more of these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400073190242

hey ray, what do you got to say about all these repos?????

T
T
Originally Posted By: roadrelics
yes ray i do sell to Famous Daves & other chain restaurants, however if i sell them a repo, they know it because i tell them, something you would not understand, THE TRUTH.....

Yeah you tell the truth alright...By you own admission you admit selling Famous Daves repo signs?? Thats classic example of what I am talking about!! Maybe you care to tell everyone here what repo signs they bought from you?? Or yeah I know you'll conveniently DODGE The question.
Re: your clocks I never mentioned "buying them". Yours are all original?? Ha ha That is so funny its pathetic!!

Your the big seller selling 8 items since last year.. People who sell at shows like you for cash only dont have to be accountable like someone that sells on Ebay. I have over 10000 transactions with 99% feedback!! I didnt get it by selling repos and stupid AC Birdcages!

Thanks for posting the Markers!! Funny! The brass markers you have pictured anyone can see the detail and grain as only originals have. SHow the backside also will you so everyone can see how nice they are? Repops have flashing on them and slag on the letters Mr Expert Dumb A**!!
Hey you forgot my Air Signs..
Hey ill give you a hint at where I buy some things and maybe you can beat me out next time..

t-ray #160552 Tue Nov 17 2009 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So show us the backside of the markers. Do yours have a pat'd date on the back?

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
T
T
Bob, sorry I am too late as veteran Rockem' Sockem Robot expert already asked VC signs and posted the email above..of course most of it isnt our business though?? and Seth posted the pics already for you!! Maybe we can discuss clock faces with Roadrelics since his are all 100% Mint and original..but dont try and buy one because he isnt selling them..................Yet?? I look for a Collection sale later!

There should be a topic showing Roadrelics Neon clock faces and compare them with the repo ones his friend makes in Ohio!! You think? Then everyone can be informed when a repo turns up..

I bet all those "old" transformers in his house have a good smell also! Phewww!!!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...hey 'Road Relics', I just wrote the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory to see what they had to say about the brass plaques...I suggested they forward the email to the archivist or legal department...or both...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Funny my question again, wasn't answered. Just answer my question. DO YOU ADVERTISE YOUR CLOCKS AS ORIGINAL AFTER YOU CHANGE THE FACE????? Seems like an easy question to answer. Unless the answer is yes.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
T
T
I would be suspect of that Goodyear sign Gulfiend..Do you need better photos?? Keep up the good work!! Damn I knew buying 350 of these was a mistake??

Any luck wiring up that Rexall sign yet? We want to see it light up prety redand orange...

t-ray #160563 Tue Nov 17 2009 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
Yeah you tell the truth alright...By you own admission you admit selling Famous Daves repo signs?? Thats classic example of what I am talking about!! Maybe you care to tell everyone here what repo signs they bought from you?? Or yeah I know you'll conveniently DODGE The question.

yes i sell repos to Famous Daves & they know it, the repos are a 36'' United Service Motors....they can't afford the real thing, please call and ask them.....nice smoke screen ray however i admit if i sell a repo & you Lie....thats the difference....

wow ray youy have balls of steel, to sit here a lie in front of 1000's of people who know your lying & still be in total denial & try & lie your way out of it, put up smoke screens to make it look like somebody else is a worse cheat than you....there are not to many people worse & you are near the top.....AGAIN, i will bet my life savings all of your bogus brass markers are repo !!!!any bets ray???

wrong again ray, i don't sell much on ebay or at shows either, however i do have a few GREAT customers that buy in person that you will never have....

Hey ray, you want to buy a real authentic neon clock? just to see what an authentic one looks like???

i have many clocks in the advertising clock book written by Mike Brunner...call & ask him if mine are original & who he trusts in this hobby.....ask him who is an expert repo-ray.........

anybody who is wondering please call Mike Brunner {248-623-4875] who wrote the advertising clock book & ask him if my clocks are real & if i can be trusted, then ask him about Ray Shope

Hey ray, i can get a custom made clock for you in Ohio, custom made & it says " REPO RAYS " i think treasure rays is not acuurate.....as a matter of fact i just talked to Woody on the phone & he will probably be calling soon.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...yeah, Bob - what's up with that? confused...it's just like the questions about the date on the Champion sign - he did everything but just answer the question...he can't post clear close-ups of the date on the Champion sign because someone else reposted his blurry auction photos?...what?

...ask him about repro clock faces, and he starts talking about bird cages... confused

...RR - it doesn't take 'balls of steel' to hide behind a keyboard and lie...now if he showed his face at a swap meet - nah, he couldn't do that, he'd get run off for trying to pass off fakes as original...

...that crude Goodyear sign was probably made in the same third-world or former Communist Bloc country as those terrible Socony signs...look at the Goodyear lettering - the 'E' and 'A'...really bad stuff...

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved