Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yea a big kudo for alied vans lines!!!! i`m glad they took care of your pump!!! i work for them and i know they take the extra step in taking care of their customers,,,, alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My wife dose not care, she just asks how many do you have now. She looses count because they come and go.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I spoke with Steve at Allied. He was excellent to deal with. Very organized. I will call him again if I ever move any other pumps. I called other van lines but got varing responses. They kept switching me to the special transportation division when I mentioned old gas pump.

I would like to put one nicely finshed pump in the house. I think a Wayne 60/71 with a high quality finsh can look very "art deco." My wife does not mind as long as they are in the garage or barn - but not in the house.

Will get some pics when it gets here.

al

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I think you would like the signs & stuff down there Al smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
This is not a bash or any way to make anyone think twice, BUT I offered to buy that Richfield pump the week that is was on ebay for what his reserve was. Was told he had to let the auction run, NO PROBLEM. Even though I have spent $13,000.00 buying two pumps from him last year. At the end of the auction I came home to wait till the end, at 28 seconds hit the thing for 3770.99. Waited and waited and it didn't go through, another ebay or my computer glitch. It didn't sell, so about 4 minutes later I emailed him and told him what happened and that I would take it for the reserve of 3500.00 as he told me. He sent back an email saying he put it back on 24 hour auction. What a slap in the face, can't buy it for the price he asked? so told him I would not then bid if my other purchase didn't at least show that I was not joking about this.
I hope that in the future my money is good enough for other people.
Craig

Craig
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I think you got an outstanding deal Al, post some pics when you get it in your collection.

Thanks, Phil
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
hi guys i restored that pump years ago for him that guys name is dick metz and he paid alot more then that for it he has one hell of a collection of pumps that i did for him he also has a polly pump wayne 71 that i did for him if he hasnt sold yet great fella to deel with he also has one hell of a ford car collection go to metz electronics on the net to see his collections thanks dave i dont post often just lurk to much bickering for me

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Craig,

Had no idea what was going on.

Philmccauley,

Will get pics when get pump and put it in place.

Warrior gas,

Dick had a person by the name of Doug sell the pump. I don't know why he does that. Doug told me the pump was restored about six years ago from someone in Michigan. That must be you. Looking at the background in the pictures, Dick must have a great collection of memorbila - and not just pumps. Doug told me he was selling the pump because he is running out of space and has more pumps comming.

al

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
good to see ya warrior gas!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
thanks mick next time your in michigan stop by and see the new pole barn its coming along nicely al yes dick has more pumps coming doug works for him in his business great people to deal with

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
hey just noticed craig what other pumps did you buy from him i probily did them for him also what do you do with them i thought you were a restorer also i am doing some cars now dave

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Good morning Dave:
I am a restorer and enjoy the pumps. Keep some and sell some to get others that I like or would like to have. The first 850 went to a friend of mine who in turn went to a friend of his. I am doing two 850's now and can't decide what brand. I just like them in blocked primer just to enjoy the pumps. I believe that if I were to brand them with something that I would like and then were ever to sell them, they would most likely not be the brand that the new owner would want. Thus we just saw that with the display wayne 71 that was just on. If you have a green pump, someone will want a yellow one. Having them in primer, plating, and all parts there make it for a enjoyable viewing of the pump itself. Just wished that the outcome of the last auction was different, for It was a real slap in the face. Hope to see more of your work, maybe some pictures on here, always great to see pictures.
Thanks Craig

Craig
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved