Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
t-ray Offline OP
OP Offline
T
United Service Motors 36"

made by ROADRELICS in Minnesota. Darryl T admits making these and selling them to for Famous Daves Bar B Q restaurant.

united.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What is your Point?? He is Not Deceiving them like Some (T-Ray). He tells them they are Reproductions and they are OK with that.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
T
t-ray Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Esse, THE Problem is they ARENT MARKED REPRODUCTIONS and when Daves sells them they will go into the market for sale. Thats what!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The great debate on unmarked repos…….. I’ll give my two cents, some might not agree but its MY OPINION. Weather a repro is marked or not, the obligation still falls on the buyer. If a person is willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on an item, they need to know what their buying and feel confident with that purchase. If you feel that you can’t tell the difference in a repro vs. an original maybe you shouldn’t buy it? Save that money for something you’re sure about. I agree that there are many dishonest sellers out there that are trying to deceive us but none of them have ever forced us to buy something from them. If you are really that worried about an item, STAY AWAY!!!
This post is not directed at any one person or member but just the views of another novice collector.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have talked to and met a number of collectors here, at B-J auctions and while racing. I haven't met one yet, who has ever said they can tell every original from every reproduction,.... right away. They rely on books and other knowledgeable people to help them determine if an item is real or a good, poor or excellent replica. All reproductions should be marked in some way. Not to do so has a distinct impact on this hobby and the value of all original items and inflates the value of what would and IMO should be affordable substitutes. It takes nothing to mark the reproduction, if it is massed produced even less than nothing to do the marking. If it is a "mom and pop" operation, it is now easy enough to mark the item. To not mark an item now is either laziness or dishonesty, again IMO.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i'll start by saying that is not one of my signs RAY HAS LISTED....just another lie..

..mine are neon....i only made a few and never even thought about marking them....They were hand painted with a brush on tin....the originals were porcelain fired on metal & i would have never thought there would be any confusion of mine being original...I think even Bob could tell the difference LOL...ITS HAND PAINTED WITH A BRUSH....ITS PAINT ON TIN, i never mass produced these & they were only used in a few Famous Daves.....they are not for sale at fanmous daves....they are for decorating purposes only & if you ever had a chance to buy one cause a famous daves went out of business, you should immediately know they are home made just by looking.....

i do put a business card inside the can for servicing purposes, & if i ever do another one i will make sure too mark the back with a date.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WAS THE UNITED MOTORS CAR ALWAYS FACING LEFT? OR WERE THEIR RIGHT FACING VERSIONS? JUST CURIOUS ASIDE FROM THE SUBJECT HERE.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Once again this post is proving what? Nothing in my book.

Doc in Amistadis sign book they are facing both ways smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gasoildude

Now THAT is another Whole subject

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gasoildude

i know this subject means nothing but ray just wants to stir uo some trouble

i feel if i am attacked that i need to respond & set the record straight..

.please kz don't go there, LOL......

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I hear ya there Darryl. My post was directed toward the first post & not yours smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved