Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
t-ray #160645 Wed Nov 18 2009 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...Mobil100...thanks for the side-by-side photos of your Goodyear sign and that...other one...

...I knew that thing was just a crude fake...this is a good education for everyone...well, only those who are willing to learn...

Originally Posted By: t-ray
I guess that means you arent going to answer any of the questions then?

...why bother? you haven't answered any of ours truthfully yet!...

Originally Posted By: bustermonty
Ray...This is about YOU not Darryl or anyone else.

...EXACTLY! laugh

Originally Posted By: t-ray
Yeah, Darryl is a straight up honest guy ...and Im an a**hole!

...wow...that's the first honest and truthful thing you've posted...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Is the VC signs being talked about on this thread, the VC Signs in Pittsburgh, PA? If so, then their web address is www.vcsigns.com

Hope this helps anyone trying to follow along.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
http://www.vcsigns.com/

...again - they clearly mark their stuff and were forthcoming and honest when I asked about the Champion sign (which IS marked and dated...

...beat me to it by a minute, Bob! wink

Last edited by gulfiend!; Wed Nov 18 2009 10:26 AM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Right...but tray acted like he didn't know what the eff Mark was talking about when asked about the markings on the repro champion flange he sold for $565, but then magically invokes how V-C marks their signs when bagging on Darryl.

Online Content
Originally Posted By: roadrelics
the big difference "rip off repo ray" is that i don't sell mine on ebay or anywhere else as originals...

Come on now, lets keep the name calling out of this subject. Please read the rules of the forum again if you cannot remember them. This post is going to be locked if the name calling continues.

This has been a good discussion in my opinion, other than the name calling.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
jeepers creepers....just checking in on all the action. the thing i hate most about good money spent on repos, is that it takes real $$$ money out of our hobby. someone spent $500+ plus on the champion flange, and didnt spend it on a legit piece from a legit dealer. im sure he will put the $500 to good use???? i am one of the guys who feels that repos have a place in the hobby if marked and priced accordingly.

cant believe people arent knocking on this guys door by now???

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T-ray has put up a (IMO) vague photo of a United Service Motors sign that he says is Darryl's in the "Known and Suspected" area. Wouldn't he have been more honest/as honest by posting photos of the items he has for sale on eBay that are or suspected of being re-pops? Darryl notes that his signs for this restaurant are re-pops, I'm not sure if they are marked or not. (I hope they are, but that's just me) T-ray when are you going to answer the question poised about your clocks and when are you going to show the back side of your Pepsi markers? Also, you never answered my question about a Pat'd on the back of your markers, is there one?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob--Here is the ebay number for one that he has on ebay right now and it shows the front and back of the marker. I have no idea if its a real one or not??? Thats why repops scare me so much!
Ebay# 380178375213

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Kevin, that's what I was looking for. IMO it looks good, except for the lack of wear and the cast mark. People find NOS items as Seth and others have said, but few of T-ray's markers have any wear.

Here is a photo of my 7up marker I picked up here on Oldgas earlier this year. I don't notice such a cast mark on mine, I have nothing else to compare with.
Looking further on eBay I see the markers with and without the casting mark, but all almost everyone has wear from being used, so I have no idea, anymore, LOL.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Greg & others for the support.........i am so happy this person & subject is finally getting some good exposure....

now to answer rays questions

I only made a few 36'' United Service signs for Famous Daves Restaurant & only them.....they are hand painted on tin & they have my business card on the inside of them, however they are not marked on the outside....ORIGINALS are fired porcelain on steel & no i was not
licensed , i only made about 6 or 7....i never even thought of marking these as they are so crude (hand painted with a brush} anybody can tell the difference, even Bob R...LOL.........

i have never bought a repo advertising clock face for any of my clocks & i'm sure Woody would not want to get involved, just like some of my other buddies here......however i did just speak to a good buddy of mine who plays in the band "Rare Earth" & his name is Michael Brunner, who is an author of at least 7 or 8 advertsing clock & sign books...he has personally come over & took photos for his books......he would be more than happy to stand up for my character & clocks........ i told him about ray slandering my clocks & he is not happy with ray ....you can call him at 248-425-3223 or send him an email at "abott4girl@sbcglobal.net" & he will give you the truth.........

hey ray have you even found ONE person who will vouch for your integrity???.....you made a big mistake by lying & trying to con this bunch....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What a low blow, Darryl, true but still low, LOL.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Wow! 7 pages of.... I hope the discussion stays fairly above the belt, And We(newbies, really old farts, and everyone in between) can glean some good info out of this discussion. Carry on! tt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
???????????????????????????????
If you are selling repro's as real, and someone calls you out on it....well,,,,, are you or aren't you?
That is a yes or no answer....
Not ...well,,,,,,, so & so is doing it too.....grow up, man up and answer dadgum the question!!!!!!
Are you or aren't you selling repro's as real??????????????.

This is not about what someone else is doing this is about what YOU are doing.....c'mon.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i think someone should start a poll

IF YOU THINK THIS AUCTION ITEM IS AN AUTHENTIC OLD PIECE CHECK YES???

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, T-RAY the whole site is waiting on a yes or no.....
What's the matter ???? no mud to sling at me.?
You know why??????
I had all my signs marked. I did not try to pass them off as real, also I am an honest man. I used MY capital to have them made.....I'm not out there trying to pass off someone elses work as old either.
I'm not a N.C. HILLBILLY, Just a dumb 'OL GA. CRACKER , but at least I am an HONEST CRACKER !!!!!
People in the south are not idiots.
Apparently you have NO IDEA HOW MANY people in the south you have offended by calling Gulfiend a hillbilly.
Boy.....you Really know how to win customers.
After the hillbilly comment I would ROT IN H*LL before I spend one penny with you !!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, we also know how to read and write.
T-Ray,,,,,
How about you, Gulfiend and I go out gator hunting? LOL

Sorry if I have offended anyone (with the exception of T-ray)
... this guy has REALLY p*ssed me off!!!!!!

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved