Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Again Guys,
If you rember I'm the one who tried to "calm troubled waters"a few pages back , then changed my mind to ley it play out.

Now I agree with Oldgoaly. Clear the air on it so that we can move on but finish it to everyones satisfaction. At least beginners are watching us "air our dirty laundry" in public.Not taking sides on that; I don't do much on Ebay so I don't really have experience in that area of the hobby.

PS KW Frith, You ain't no newbie. IMO.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry but the professor from California informed me that I am indeed a newbie. In fact I think he reinforced it with about 7 or 8 newbies in a row on one of his posts on this very forum!! LOL
And from what I understand, the professor is rarely wrong so that probably makes me a newbie.LMAO

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Well Ray never answered my question on his Sinclair license toppers. I was trying to play nice and get an honest answer but I guess he couldn't give one. Didn't think he could. Everyone here is right, the question posed to him was a yes or no answer and he couldn't answer it so he has been exposed. People on here do make some repo items but they describe them as such and don't try to con people. This is the basic difference Ray between you and people who have posted on here. I think you know that, you have just tried to put up a smoke screen instead of answering the question honestly. You have not proved your case in any way, shape or form and have only hurt your credibility further. Man up and advertise your "stuff" correctly and you won't have these problems. Case closed, bailiff next case!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wink

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Well I am just like Phil, away from the computer for a day and see what happens. Who every this t-ray is, I will tell you that I know for a fact that Daryl's bird cages are real because he called me before the auction and asked me what they were worth. Just my two cents.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thought you would like to see an authentic PORCELAIN SHELL KEROSENE sign.I date this from the 30's era.I personally got this from a Shell bulk plant in San Andreas Ca. in the early 70's.It is a bit smaller than the tin signs that i have seen.Do not know if it is rare but i have never seen another like it.

Frank Jordan
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I usually don't read the posts that i have no interest in (shell) for one, but when i seen how many posts it has in such a small time i had to post myself. I had bid on a item with Ray this week and i'm happy to say i got outbid. I can't bring myself to do business with poeple who aren't willing to be truthful.

Last edited by publicenemy1925; Wed Nov 18 2009 09:43 PM.
P
P
Interesting topic. Just wanted to add this in defense of a friend. Please don't confuse the main "villain" here.........T Ray..........with T-way, who is an honest businessman & frequent contributor to this forum.

Richard

Last edited by pegasus; Wed Nov 18 2009 11:08 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i just recieved an email last evening from a lurker who knows t-ray & his whole operation very well.........i won't quote him directly '''''''''

You guys are a hoot!!!!! FYI All the bronze being cast for the Pepsi, Coca Cola, 7-up, Louisville Slugger etc. etc. are being done by a little foundry in Louisville. It`s the same one that used to decorate all the TGI Fridays.....if you have ever ate at Fridays you have seen these brass plaques & buttons..Keen Cutter & others were used

The painted signs are being screened locally too. They are a small run, non factory made,likely the same process as Mike Boggs uses. The inks are not thermal set and cured,therefore if exposed to bad weather or excess moisture,the inks will peel off like a banana skin.

they have a tool and die shop doing the beaded edges on the Sunbeam Bread and a few others,but they don`t have die capabilities yet,so that`s why the signs are not embossed.

The tool shop explains the toppers,flanges,and frame work for the Pepsi string holders. I know who does his artwork for the screened signs also,but am not at liberty to say.

He is ALWAYS a shopper at the Louisville Ky. Stewarts New Years Eve show so maybe you and some of the Hillbillies might like to visit him in person. You can take all I tell you to the bank......

this person knows t-rays operation well & i beleive everything he says,,,,,it appears he does most of his work in the Louiville
Ky. area........i think t-ray lives right across the border in Indiana......

hey ray,i know your lurking, why not respond to all the questions & all these acusations ??.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is NO reason to NOT DATE A REPRODUCTION other than to Defraud.
Knowingly representing a NEW item as OLD is Fraud.

EDITED TO ADD:
There is NO reason to NOT DATE ANY NEW ITEM, FANTASY or 1 OFF.
Removing the DATE/Markings on any item is an attempt to Deceive buyer into thinking item is older than it is, GREED.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Thu Nov 19 2009 03:46 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said professor!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think he got a fair trial....
He could not answer the first question of the prosocution without being out of order.

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, don't get on here for a few days and look what happens.

I looked at his ebay listings and I was very suspect about that Sunbeam sign.

I'll go back to my duck decoys now. Later.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi DB,
I was wondering when you were going to weigh in. Your edited to add was the important off all!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He should face criminal charges.
What is the difference between passing fake antiques and passing fake currency...you are still scr*wing people out of their cash.

Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved