Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#162400 - Sun Nov 29 2009 05:53 PM Re: Tokheim Model 39 Type BP [Re: Jolly-John]
chaingang Offline

Loc: GA
After taking the doors off this I have a couple of questions. Can a pump this old be restored to a fully functioning unit? Is it worth while to do so? It has all the internals and the drive belt is still intact. I don't know if it will turn but since it had diesel in it I figure it is still lubricated. The computer probably needs work but it did reset with the crank handle. The reason I was thinking about making it functional would be to restore it to a diesel brand then set it up for use on the farm for the tractor. Tank would be above ground but it could be hidden from view then plumbed to the pump. Anybody else make theirs funtional?
Dave

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#162476 - Mon Nov 30 2009 07:36 AM Re: Tokheim Model 39 Type BP [Re: chaingang]
jkyocom Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: GA
If you decide to do so, there is a place in Cartersville that can rebuild the meter to work correctly, they can also get parts for the pumping unit, or rebuild it too.
I can rebuild them too, but I have no testing equipment.

If you use an above ground tank, the air eliminator line needs to be plugged.

I sold a Bowser pump a few years ago to a guy who is using it to fill his bi-plane.
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved