Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LilgasMan32 ....i have to agree with you....after looking at all his other auctions, he probably made an honest mistake....could have bought a repo with the date removed & had no idea it was a repo.....it would be nice to go after the habitual repo artists who continually flood this collector market with garbage..........

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am with lilgasman and roadrelics, I think he bought it and didn't know it was a repop. I would have done the same thing if i was in his shoes. We all know why repops need to be dated... we talk about it on this site every other week i think. LOL
Have to admit it is funny he dented it and relisted it.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't disagree with the reality that he didn't know it was a repop. I'm sure he's a stand up guy in that regard. I just can't see most people responding the way he did.

Of course the variable is we don't know the attitude of the kind people that emailed him it was a repop.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think its kind of funny & i'm sure he's trying to make a point.......
I have seen this happen in different variations with a few people & probably most of us heard the story of a guy at a auto parts swap meet.....some guy comes up & offers him $5 for his hub cap marked $30....after some negotiation the hub cap owner stomps on the hub cap & says " theres the $5 one"........

T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
I feel for the guy he probably lost some money for sure, I set up at a show once a year and sell some items at iowa gas as well, If you have ever sold to the general public for any amount of time you can see why the guy did this.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sad thing is, 1 of these days the same thing may happen to a REAL can, I agree with Lilygas that sometimes people are too fast to jump on a suspected repo. He is not Coo Coo to crush the can, He did it to create a stir to all who emailed him and by the looks of this thread IT WORKED

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is a fantasy, repo, and a fake all in one. I didn't email the seller but someone was going to get took on it, obviously the buyer did, so why see someone else get it to.

My guess would be an earlyman34 special that was being re-sold.

In my book stomping on it was the best thing he could have done for it.

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Just curious what would that can be worth Lenny

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well I emailed him and not about the repop thing. I might do it as a courtesy if I saw it first but would not mock him or make fun of him. I emailed after I saw the crushed can and got a funny response. The guy has a sense of humor. So Jerry and all who want to turn this into another heated debate the guy isn't suicidal over it.

My Question: Now that is funny. Do you think I could insure it if you sold it to me. I'll split the profit

Reply: your the only one that gets it. your awsome!

To answer the value thing if it were real maybe 85 to 100 bucks.IMO Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I had several emails back and forth with guy,, long story short is , he is OK with it all,,, I appologized for being abrupt to him on advising him it was a reproduction can, he said he thought I was actually an OK guy after all, most problems can be solved by talking them thru. Not sure why he is leaving it on Ebay though... It's the old story, if nobody reproduced this stuff there wouldn't be any problem..dates or no dates..That can was a sure giveaway though, Red Indian oil in a made in USA quart can ??? the guy had to not know what he had..or anything about gas collectibles,,end of story !
PS. a MINT Red Indian original Canadian quart is worth between $125 -$200

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Wes are you getting that kind of $$ for those up there because they don't bring close to that down this way. Is that US dollars? Ted

Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I'll take all you got for $85 US each IF they are MINT..I was at a flea market last Sunday here, guy had 3 empty ones all mint and he got $175 each for them and a mint full one brought $300

Wes.......
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
they bring more in the east part of Canada as thats where most of the Red Indian stuff comes from.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW I'm glad to hear that. I have one and it is pretty mint and paid $80 a few years back. Another guy had a couple two years back or so for $100 each at Turlock swap meet and he went home with them. If I get a chance at some more mint ones I might buy them and ship them up your way and split the profit.LOL Ted
PS I sold a condition 7 one at Fred's for $10. That one went quick but that's all my cousin wanted for it.

Last edited by Signal Gas & Oil; Wed Nov 25 2009 10:23 AM. Reason: add note

Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes, I see them here some in the Midwest and they are usually in the $85 -$100 range. I will keep my eyes open for you Wes.

Ted, you have any picture cans you want to sell me?

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved