Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...again, from the Aumann Auctions website, to show how they were attached...these date from the 1920's and 1930's...

027.jpg

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's amazing how many folks find religion after being incarcerated.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I looked at all of Ray's listings last night and it seems he may have turned over a new leaf. He seems to be listing his stuff honestly now. Good to see. Funny what a good spanking from Old Gas will do to ya! Next subject please, this one has been beaten to death!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G'night John-Boy.....LOL

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My friend gave me a tip on how to tell an original from a repop in his own words; "I hope if you post this that you'll correct yourself and tell them I only purchased a small portion of Erol's collection.

These 5" plates are for a lubester, not a topper. Tankars is the real deal, and T-Rays is a fake. The way to tell real from repo is the star points. On a real plate the star points at 3 & 9 o'clock point directly to the round white circles on the border... The star points at 5 & 7 o'clock extend into the wording Made By The Texas Co. U.S.A. ...."

My questions have been answered, LOL.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Bob, Thanks to you and your friend! Now I see a big difference! That nugget of knowledge should hold true on all Texaco items. Take care! tt

This is the reason we like to keep these kind of topics posted. There sure is a lot of information in this one thread.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
I was under the impression Tankar's was a topper, I was wrong. No wonder I was questioning it, am I ever right? I made the mistake of not reading the auction correctly. Sorry for the trouble my questions may have caused. Thank you Dale for pointing out that I was wrong in a polite way, LOL.

Bob:
I thought about what I said today and was afraid I might have offended you. If I did in any way, I'm sorry....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
This has been a very informative thread. I'm glad it wasn't closed. Somethings need to be hashed out.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe turned over a new leaf for this one item but these new sunbeam signs and the orange crush signs sure scream repop. IMO Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
S
S
I just wanted to give some info on the birdcage signs, as I am the other person who has a few of them. They are 100% original, with original boxes. They came from rayvic garage in minneapolis minnesota. Yes, the boxes are very worn, but I am sure that cardboard doesnt outlast a metal sign. Some of them do have slight rust, but the majority are in near perfect shape. google image search "rayvic repair" and that is the garage. Thanks

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I remember seeing the auction on line. They sold in lots of between two 2 and 27....over 125 of them were sold all together. I was amazed when I saw the auction! I did not get any...darn!
Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
S
S
I put one on ebay today, no reserve, just trying to move them.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I see tray as got another Shell kerosene flange sign on ebay #380183164891 tonight. Same add and pictures as before. Must of had two signs exactly alike.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chevy, This is the 3rd or 4th sign "nos" he has found. How would like to bought the first one and then see the others? What he is doing is fraud and if people would pay with USPS money orders and if a few complained about the fraud the USPS will go after him. I know because i had a guy 1 year ago this month rip me off and USPS is going after him as we speak.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved