Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
kentjay, I believe you are correct. I think its just the way its repoped. The are pulled taunt over the rounded edge and still too short. I am not trying to do a perfect pump, so this side may get a chrome accent piece or something-- I know its wrong, but I dont want to redo and spend a fortune doing the pump, its a MOPAR accent for the MOPAR room.

Dave

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
K
The screwws with the springs attach the horse shoe piece to the back of the front face plate panel and there should be about 10 of those. The big round head slotted screwws attach the front face panel to the main frame. Ya need 8 of them. Ya got about 3 extra ones of those. If I remember right, there are 4 spring screws holding on the add glasses too. SOOOO, ya need about 18 of them screws with springs. Kent.

K
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
K
One last little tid bit here Dave. If you don't get that sheet metal top to fit just right, your site glasses will not fit thru the holes in the top sheet metal and the big nuts will not screw back on the site glasses. My opinion on your situation would be to get some arches that fit correctly. You certainly don't want to ruin the top by enlarging the holes for the site glasses. I am sure you can get some descent ones from someone on here? Kent.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would try to grind off about 1/8 inch off the bottum of the arches.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
K
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
K
By grinding off material on the bottom of the arches, you will change the hole position where the side sheet metal screws on. This will change the total hight of the arches but it won't change the hole position where the sheet metal top screws on. Kent.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved