Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
OK, you guys really helped me to answer a few ???. Now I have some more. OK, I have a few questions- I have all the parts left for this pump layed out. I am obvioulsy missing osme items for the outside of th epump, ect, but I have a few ? regarding whats here.

First, the plate that came with th epump, says Mod-70????

second the bowl/ glass round retainers---- How do you get them apart???? I have one thats unscrewed and no issue. the second?????? I used penetrating oil, ect and tried a block of wood an dhamer,-- no budging. Am I better off just buying a set and the glass bowls which are missing? and th eglass bowls, how do they attach to the round retainers? There appears to be no flange area like other pumps I have done.

ok, I have other parts that came with it, that look like hinges, this pump does not appear to have hinges,---???? Any ideas????

also I have a set of brass bolt/ screws round head. I guess tthose are for the front? I have some screws in it now to hold thing sin place on the line up check point. Then there are screws with springs??? any ideas?

thanks Dave I will add pics.

also I have used some repop rounded top curved frame portion. Now the sheet metal when connected to the front, is short to the back flange area by a half inch or so. Any suggestion. This pump was tweeked and I didnt know it prior to painting. To straighten it now would requires redoing/ painting it, si I am just trying to fab it as best as possible. If I moved the front face plate up to match then top, then I will have a less noticable gap at the bottom, but then the screw holes wont line up? I have learned to put it together and make sure it all fits prior to paint an dbody work!!!!!!

pics have been attached to page two of the thread. thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Dave

DSCF8119.JPG DSCF8115.JPG
Last edited by LAWFISH; Wed Nov 25 2009 02:28 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wayne 60. Original clock??

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave--What you have is a Wayne 866 and its nothing more than the clockface version of a Wayne 60. The globe holder for a Wayne 60 will work just fine on this pump. I did run into an occasion where I was working on restoring a Wayne 60 that did not have a globe mount on top and I had ordered a repop one and when I received it, it just wouldn't fit right, so I used the smaller rounded globe mount instead. It was probably in the mount rather than the pump tho, as the tops are all the same for those pumps. Only difference is between wide and narrow. So go ahead and order away!!!!
By the way--I can't see from the pictures as to what you're using for hardware but my advice is to order one of the repop screw kits from the parts house. They really make the finished pump look good!!! JMO

Last edited by K W FRITH; Wed Nov 25 2009 12:13 PM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I read back and can't tell you why Ron called it a 40?? Probably a typing error!! Heres a picture of the pump I had trouble with on the top.

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
What Ron was saying was that the picture he was showing was of a Wayne 40 and that the 40 and the 60 use the same twist clips and protecters. Your pump is a 60/866 model.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Top sheet metal IS different on the Wide vs Narrow, will NOT interchange.
Side panels, doors & bezels are the same

IF it's an original Clock face it's an 866, if not then it's a standard 60 w/ a clock kit.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
the tops are all the same for those pumps. Only difference is between wide and narrow.

Dick--Read again, I stated that the only diff was between wide & narrow!--KEVIN

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Originally Posted By: kentjay56
What Ron was saying was that the picture he was showing was of a Wayne 40 and that the 40 and the 60 use the same twist clips and protecters. Your pump is a 60/866 model.

No I bought it with the repop clock face kit. It was a project that someone lost interest in. I am putting it together and its a mess. It was hit or something and I didnt straighten the frame out or check it out before I painted it. Its not off by much, but its enough to make it a total pain in the tail. It also came with the repop top curved frame pieces and now the top rounded sheet metal is a half inch too short!!!!!!! So I am going back in to stare at it and decide what to try and do with it. Its going in a room with a mirror behind it, so it shows real bad there!!!!

L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Oh and thanks for the quick responses. I want to get the globe bezel ordered ASAP, who best for this and quick shipping?

I am working on trying to get custom decals made for th epump and globe. I know there is a great guy out there, but I cant afford the high dollar stuff. Not rtying to be cheap, but the pump is not worthy of high dollar stuff.

Thanks a ton again guys

Dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If I am not mistaken the small round globe bezel fits narrow body, the big ornate globe bezel fits wide body.
It looks like a narrow top on a wide frame.

Always suspect "FRANKENSTIENED" or "basket case" pumps.
It's like a "box of chocolates".... eek

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe--The pump that I had trouble with is pictured and its a wide body? Don't know if it was a misfit globe collar or what but it just didn't fit right, so I used the small round one.
You sure might be right on the top tho as there is a difference in the two. They fit awfully tight but theres no way there should be 1/2 inch space left over???

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
OK, I have a few questions- I have all the parts left for this pump layed out. I am obvioulsy missing osme items for the outside of th epump, ect, but I have a few ? regarding whats here.

First, the plate that came with th epump, says Mod-70????

second the bowl/ glass round retainers---- How do you get them apart???? I have one thats unscrewed and no issue. the second?????? I used penetrating oil, ect and tried a block of wood an dhamer,-- no budging. Am I better off just buying a set and the glass bowls which are missing? and th eglass bowls, how do they attach to the round retainers? There appears to be no flange area like other pumps I have done.

ok, I have other parts that came with it, that look like hinges, this pump does not appear to have hinges,---???? Any ideas????

also I have a set of brass bolt/ screws round head. I guess tthose are for the front? I have some screws in it now to hold thing sin place on the line up check point. Then there are screws with springs??? any ideas?

thanks Dave I will add pics.

DSCF9184.JPG DSCF9187.JPG DSCF9185.JPG DSCF9188.JPG
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
For pictures of both the 40 and the 60 go to this page on my website:

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/wayne%20pumps.htm

Just click on whatever model number you want to look at, it is all free.

I also have a 352 page Gas Pump Identification book available, autographed by me, the author at:

www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
My guess on your top sheet metal not fitting properly lies with the repop top curved arches. They may be a little bit thicker where the sheet metal rests on them which would make the sheet metal seem too short. Also check for little tweeks in the sheet metal where it rests on the arches. A little tweek in that area makes a lot of difference in the fit of the top sheet metal. Kent.

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
One other thing that could be is the arches are just plain to tall when repoped. Because it looks like the side sheet metal doen't fit quite right either. Looks like the seam is too wide between the side sheet metal and the arch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved