Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By: Rick Berrong
What are you talking about Husky Bob???? The tractor is one of the most detailed parts including the wheels and tires. I can't believe how he got the rusted, weathered look. It even has oil stains around the oil pan! Unbelievable, the more I look the more I see!

Rick you are most probably right and I do apologize for jumping the gun on the Fordson.
Coming from a farming community the smooth wheels didn't look right to me as there is no way it could have pulled even a 2-bottom plow without losing traction.
Most of the old Fordson's I have seen have had steel wheels with steel cleats or lugs.
With that being said I have never seen one set up for industrial use which is what I would think this particular design was based on.

HSL I believe that pneumatic tires were introduced in the early 1930's and alot of the tractors with steel wheels were converted to rubber tires.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
If you like miniatures check this one out...new meaning to detail link

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That is amazing!! Im supprised that he put the steering wheel on the wrong side. LOL I would love to know how long it takes to do some thing like that

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
WOW about sums it up. Note the rag on the seat of the tractor.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Can't be as tedious as building a ship in a bottle

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gosh gang I would say easily a couple of tears on this diorama . Working in 1-48th scale is advantagous as I was at a local hobby shop today talking H O or 1-48th with the manager . Seems that a company now has Gulf , Sunoco , Clark , and Sinclair signs that light up using two A A batteries and look like neon signs !Theres also a Dr Pepper sign too. Im tolsd that the company , Model Power also sells a kit to possibly do your own sign . Now these signs arent exactly cheap . They run about 50.00 plus tax. They come with a skeletom frame to make a rooftop bill board .
I thought I was being unique as I want to add one of Dick Bennett's decals as a Bill board sign to my Amoco station ....... No , I got beat by somebody over in Asia building these electronic gadgets ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved