Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
My name is John Corsell and the Plowman Company in Garden City Long Island was purchased from Howard and Marion Plowman by my grandfather John F. Fischer. He worked for the Plowman's for 25 years prior to purchasing it. He past away in the early 60's. It was then run by my grandmother until the late 1970's when it was transfered to my father Robert Corsell (who worked for my grandmother as long as I can remember). My parents ran it until their death in 1979 and 1980. It was then sold to Petroline as I was only 14 and my brother was 16 at the time.

If anyone is looking for information I would be willing to share my memories (yes I actually ran the canning machines) or try to find out from my brother or my aunt in NC. We are the only remaining family members. We do have some items from the company but are always interested in more.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS
We crave pictures & history of all things related.
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome to old gas!!! we love the history of your family!!! share anything you have...!!!! PLUS POST ANY PICTURES,,,IF YOU NEED HELP POSTING ,THEIR`S PLENTY OF PEOPLE HERE TO HELP....TXS ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JOHN, I AM THE "BIG" AND PERHAPS THE ONLY COLLECTOR OF INVADER AND BLUE BAY ITEMS ON THIS WEBSITE. I HAVE A SEMI-LARGE COLLECTION OF MANY QUARTS, GALLONS, 5-QUART AND 5-GALLON CANS CARRYING THE NAME PLOWMAN FROM GARDEN CITY AND CHAS. KELLOM FROM PHILADELPHIA WHICH SHUT DOWN I THINK AROUND 1988 FOR ILLEGAL DUMPING FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR STORIES ABOUT FAMILY AND THE PLOWMAN COMPANY. I AM INTERESTED FROM A LONG ISLAND HISTORY STANDPOINT AND BEING A COLLECTOR OF INVADER PRODUCTS AS WELL.

SEVERAL YEARS AGO I TRIED TO SEARCH FOR INFORMATION THRU THE TOWN OF HEMPSTEAD AS TO WHERE THE PLOWMAN COMPANY WAS LOCATED IN GARDEN CITY. BUT HAD NO LUCK AT ALL.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND GIVING THIS INFO. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Last edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE; Sun Nov 29 2009 05:43 AM. Reason: SPELLING...WHAT ELSE?

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Welcome to oldgas.

Thanks, Phil
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
John Welcome to Old Gas. As said before we crave more info & we love pictures smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey welcome to the Forum too ! I'm always interested in anyone in the Oil patch willing to share any historical perspective from any of the former oil companies be they independent or whatever . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
History straight from the source! Now that's as good as it gets and we get to preserve it here.......Let 'er rip!

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome aboard John. I am enjoying the history already. I am glad you can still remember. I think I have forgotten more than I ever knew, if that is possible.
Mike

D
D
Hi, I recently acquired an orange Invader sign from a guy in Long Island. I am wondering if it is part of Plowman Invader. It has the knight and everything looks like a rack sign. Any info that you may have would help. I know this is a longshot. Thanks.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved