Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16238 Fri Nov 03 2006 08:37 PM
K F H Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Looking for a small lubster. I have a small 15 gallon Bennett JR... but it's got a lot of dents and "oil-canning" to it.
Would like to find similar lubster or something comparable in size, in good condition.
Would like to locate something close to home...in or around St.Louis area.
What ya got???

Kurt

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#16239 Sat Nov 04 2006 06:23 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
WELL IF YOU CANNOT FIND ONE CLOSE TO HOME I HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR YOU.I HAVE GOT THESE IN ROUGH SHAPE BEFORE AND WAS UNSURE WHAT TO DO.TO MUCH WORK TO FIX TO GOOD TO THROW.I WENT TO THE LOCAL SHEET METAL SHOP JUST TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD COST FOR 2 PEICES OF THIN SHEET METAL.I HAD 2 L SHAPED PIECES MADE FOR A COST OF $15.00 AND BROUGHT THEM HOME TACKED THE CORNERS LIGHTLY FILLED THE CORNERS AND TOP.I THINK THEY LOOK GREAT.NICE AND STRAIGHT.JUST A CHEAP SUGGESTION.SAVE THE LUBESTERS.I LIKE THOSE LITTLE GUYS.
GOOG LUCK
TOMD

TOMD
#16240 Sat Nov 04 2006 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kurt, just by virtue of it design, lubesters are prone to oil canning. Dents can be tapped out and filled with bondo. If money is no object, ahem, cut the bottom out, and weld internal bracing inside, to hold the shape better. This will also give you acces to the inside of the dents. Lubesters are cool, and in my opinion, an underestimated, misunderstood, and unappreciated piece.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
#16241 Sat Nov 04 2006 09:50 AM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I have a very small lubster but I am unsure of the size. I would take $100 for it, and it is in very good shape. If you are interested I could get the actual size of it. I have the access to get it to STL for you.

CHAD T

#16242 Sat Nov 04 2006 07:26 PM
K F H Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
TOMD...Went to a local sheet metal fab shop today...they said they could bend the bottom tank part of the lubster for about $30.00. They said I would have to be responsible for welding the seam down the corner. Not sure how tough it would be to get the top off with all the spot welds in it, might tear it up beyond repair. Most of their seams are connected with a lock-seam as used in duct work. They would use 18ga. black sheet metal. I guess it would be best to tig weld this so as to not warp it worse than what I have now.

ThunderII...I have cut the bottom out of the small Bennet and went at it with a hammer and dolly...still has more waves than the ocean...might be a good idea to weld a support across the middle to suck in some of the oil-can stretch. Might have to fill with some "kitty-hair" before using regular plastic product. Still looks like ALOT of sanding. Not sure wich route I'll go??? I think the new metal tank would be straight, but, I wouldn't be taking a chance at tearing the top up grinding all the welds if I just filled the original.

Chadrock00...If this project doesn't work out I might contact you to get more info on what you have for sale.

Thanks to all who replied!!!
Kurt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved