Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Awesome Shell globes Gary! I have only seen one of them in person before. Neat looking globe with the irregular shaped base. Lets see some more!

Here is a photo of two Cities Service Koolmotor globes. The one on the left is 3-piece glass and the one on the right is a cast 1-piece. I will keep digging and see what other photos of non-canteen shaped globes I can find.

Lonnie

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Oops! Here is the picture for the previous post!

IMG_1364.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Super pair of Koolmotors! I always wanted a one piece clover,,,maybe one day.
This art-deco globe from Fina was used in the 50's although it looks a little older by design

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a couple of square globes with a domed top. Roosevelt Oil Company was out of Mount Pleasant, Michigan and used these globes in the 1930s. Barnsdahl and maybe 1 or 2 other companies ever used these types of bodies.

A high percentage of the foreign globes ever used are of a non-canteen shape. let see some more. Thanks!

Lonnie

IMG_1322_1.JPG

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Lets see more of your collection. Pictures. picturees. Pictures.
Thanks

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This 30's British globe was from Russian Oil Products, ROP was taken over by Texaco after WW2.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Two rare Standard Crowns I thought I would share with you. The one on the right is circa late 1910s, early 1920s, and has a mushroom shape unlike that of other crowns. Jewels are green. The word "Gasoline" is etched. The one on the left is one of four known and reminds me of a hot air balloon! It has a chimney cap and is circa 1910s. The word "Gasoline" is also etched. Both have the usual seven inch bases found on Standard Crowns.

crowns1.jpg
Last edited by scottpcm; Wed Dec 02 2009 08:08 AM.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Here's my shoebox globe.
Bob

MVC-002F.JPG MVC-002F.JPG
Here's my shoebox globe. Bob

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I didn't mean to put it on twice. This was my first try at posting a photo.
Bob

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Everyone!

I have been on the road for the last several weeks and have not had a chance to post. I wanted to add just a few photos of unusual shaped globes before we start the next edition of Globe of the Month.

We have seen some photos of Shoebox globes and here are a few more. There are 14 varieties of Shoebox globes. All of them are from the Tydol / Tidex / Flying A family. The first photo shows a 1-piece Tydol Ethyl baked on Shoebox globe next to its 3-piece glass counterpart. It would stand to reason that there was also a Tydol 1-piece though none are known.

Shoebox globes are similar to conventional glass body globes in that there is a glass body with inserts. The inserts have notches on each side and are bolted to the glass body just like a regular 3-piece glass globe. There is a special rectangular attachment that bolts to the top of the pump and the globes fits onto the attachment. There is a 1/2" threaded rod that comes up throught the top center of the globe and there would be a brass retaining nut that would hold the globe in place.

I will add a few more photos of unusual shaped globes over the weekend and next week we will start a new topic. If you have any photos to share please take a few minutes and do it!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Lonnie Hop

IMG_6451.JPG IMG_6454.JPG IMG_6456.JPG IMG_6453.JPG
Last edited by olddutchgas; Thu Dec 24 2009 09:11 AM.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Four more from England

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B

Always looking for SKELLY items.
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Wow Lonnie, are all those yours, impressive indeed.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...what about the Dixie globes? wink

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved