Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#162173 - Sat Nov 28 2009 02:07 PM Seeking Gas Station Information
Pat Offline

Loc: Washington, USA
Hello! I stumbled upon oldgas.com last night while researching old gas stations. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that might have any information about this station. It is galvanized metal and, I am told, was sold as a kit. It is located in Western Washington. I can provide additional photos if that would help.

Attachments
PetrolianaPhoto.JPG

Description: Gas Station Photo

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#162174 - Sat Nov 28 2009 02:13 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: Pat]
K W FRITH Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Welcome to Old Gas, PAT! Theres a wealth of knowledge on this site, so hopefully someone will be able to answer your question! --KEVIN
Cell#-701-739-6133

#162181 - Sat Nov 28 2009 02:34 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: K W FRITH]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
Welcome Pat. Where in the state do you live? I live on the Columbia in Longview. Some others from the state here.

#162186 - Sat Nov 28 2009 02:54 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: Bob Richards]
hillsideshortleg Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Pat
welcome!!! are going to get it?
Do you need some subliminal encoragement?
GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT
DONT LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE IF YOU HAVE ONE DONT LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE IF YOU HAVE ONE REPEAT
I have a couple and have been very unsucessful on getting any info on them. Please let me know if you get any info on manufactures.

Rick Nelson

#162187 - Sat Nov 28 2009 02:56 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: Bob Richards]
Vermonter Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: VT
Hi Pat and welcome to Old Gas. Someone here will be able to help you. I know from previous discussions here that there were several kits back in the day. You might want to try the search feature and see if you can find information. If you are thinking of restoring that station, several people here have done it so you may get some ideas searching the site.
John

#162188 - Sat Nov 28 2009 02:57 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: hillsideshortleg]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
WECOME
WOW a newbie that can post a picture on 1st posting !

#162197 - Sat Nov 28 2009 04:03 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: Dick Bennett]
gasoildude Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oneida IL USA
That would look killer all done up. Wish it was in my backyard smile

#162213 - Sat Nov 28 2009 05:31 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: gasoildude]
eshaver Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: richmond , Virginia
The only company that comes to mind was a Edwards Metal Works , They did Pure stations for Pure Oil , One even survived until at least 1992 in North Downtown Fort Worth . I don't know if it's still there as I havent been able to see my beloved Texas for years . Ed Shaver

#162231 - Sat Nov 28 2009 06:53 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: eshaver]
gatorgaspumps Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Walla Walla, WA USA
Welcome. You might check the city or county records for that particular lot. Find out when it was built and you might find who the contractor was. They may even list were the panles came from. Afraid I cann't be any help. Good luck, we love to see these old stations restored.

#162232 - Sat Nov 28 2009 07:02 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: gatorgaspumps]
coheley5 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Looks like a pure station to me. There is a station just like that in rising fawn GA. It still has sign on building and what struck me about your picture was that ugly pole on top just like the one I had seen there.

#162270 - Sun Nov 29 2009 12:12 AM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: Bob Richards]
Pat Offline

Hi Bob! I live in Shelton and the station is in Olympia. Do you know of anyone who might have an interest in this building?

#162271 - Sun Nov 29 2009 12:16 AM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: hillsideshortleg]
Pat Offline

Rick, subliminal encouragement worked. Got it, and I am the wife! laugh Unfortunately, it is in the path of development....

#162595 - Mon Nov 30 2009 09:23 PM Re: Seeking Gas Station Information [Re: Dick Bennett]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
WECOME
WOW a newbie that can post a picture on 1st posting !

...no doubt...LOL...

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved