Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the input. I grew up collecting antiques with my Dad and because of that I always tried to find a straight antique that wasn't monkeyed around with. I feel that keeping a pump brandind close to the correct year standards SHOULD bring the best value unless you're at a Barrett Jackson where some buyer has money falling out of his pocket and doesn't know the first thing about pumps. If he has always wants a specific look and knows nothing, he's your man. If not my belief is to try and keep it close or within reason. The farthest I went was on a Neptune 855 I got a "fantasy" sinclair dino which only had the ground beneath the feet. That's about as far into the fantasy world as I will go for now. Thank you all for the good feedback. All are right in their own way.

Kris Strong
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
While we're at it let's rehash wether or not he should leave the guts in it too.

Maybe we can start a pump police force to make sure the hobby is preserving history accurately. We could use the new aprons for uniforms. The pockets in the front would be great to store all the specifications in, as well as tools to help strip off anything that doesn't belong on the pump. smile

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have to agree with Gulfieind on this . I spen hours and hours trying to research what is and is not " Correct for my Ford restoration and my model service stations " . Y'all have no idea how I went through folks around here just researching a compatible green to do the Amoco premium pump model I have in front of the Amoco Project . Ive gone to to many shows and seen Green Texaco just cause some body wanted that way too. I wont buy something like that for historical pourposes because it's Not correct .

Still, if you're happy with the color scheme , do it !
Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
If you want something unique for your pump - check out our lenses.
We specialize in reproducing brands that are not as well known as the "Big Names".

We have decals for everything too.

And if you don't see what you want - we can make it for you!

Just 'CLICK' on the graphic below.

Later . . .

Jim

P.S. I'm really enjoying the new function(s) I discovered on this site. LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil
While we're at it let's rehash wether or not he should leave the guts in it too.

Maybe we can start a pump police force to make sure the hobby is preserving history accurately. We could use the new aprons for uniforms. The pockets in the front would be great to store all the specifications in, as well as tools to help strip off anything that doesn't belong on the pump. smile

...sigh...don't forget the carbon-fiber billy club, for the hard-headed types who keep twisting the my posts beyond recognition...

...y'all can do what you want with your pumps, I'm keeping mine as original as possible and those who don't can deal with the 'more money than brains' crowd at Barrett-Jackson tired, while it lasts...I'll keep company with the 'more brains than money' crowd... wink

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Gulfiend that's pretty funny...I only mentioned the Barret folks because the auction is ten minutes from my house and was considering dragging some up there but there were multiple pump/sign guys there last year and they get wacked ridiculous fees from the Barrett guys.

Kris Strong
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!

...sigh...don't forget the carbon-fiber billy club, for the hard-headed types who keep twisting the my posts beyond recognition...

Original wood billy clubs would be better. wink

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Has anyone "photoshop" aka photochop a pump???? Guys and Gals on the HAMB do this to cars/trucks all the time, gives you a good idea what it will look like with out spending lots of money. Or you need to find another pump so you can do one historically correct and one just for the fun of it....... Take care! tt

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was going to post on this discussion because I have some strong feelings on it based on experience. But, what I have in mind is too close to high-jacking a thread (I'm still paranoid about that).

I'll re-word it and post as a new topic tomorrow. Southflorida, go back and review some of the reports on Barrett Jackson published in PCM. Food for thought. IMHO.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil

Original wood billy clubs would be better. wink

...I've got one!...last year's Christmas present from a fellow Oldgasser...

Originally Posted By: oldgoaly
Has anyone "photoshop" aka photochop a pump???? Guys and Gals on the HAMB do this to cars/trucks all the time, gives you a good idea what it will look like with out spending lots of money. Or you need to find another pump so you can do one historically correct and one just for the fun of it....... Take care! tt

...yes, a couple of times - I 'photoshopped' three different oil company paint/sign schemes on a photo of a Tokheim twin for a buddy of mine...of course, he never bought the pump... crazy

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved