Next Thread
Print Thread
#16308 Thu Jun 02 2005 06:07 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
okay,i won a door over a month ago and paid paypal.after a month i called,he said he had probs with his shipper,he would get the item back and i'd have it in 3 days.Well i let 10 days go by,no door.I left a neg,then the door shows up.He left a neg back saying wrong address,well that dont fly paypal has my confirmed address.Then he gets a couple more negs from others so he's mad.I get an alert for unpaid item in my ebay.I have emailed ebay twice ,sent p.p. transaction number from 4-20 05 still says i will have mark by after the june 2nd.does ebay have a phone #,this is really got me mad! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7148471944&sspagename=STRK%3AMEMM%3AIID&rd=1

[This message has been edited by gofaster (edited 06-02-2005).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#16309 Thu Jun 02 2005 07:14 PM
D
D
Hey I know how you feel, Ive had a situation like that with a curb sign. Hope you get it worked good luck Mike

#16310 Fri Jun 03 2005 07:25 PM
Online Cool
You might try calling Paypal since your payment went through them and they are part of eBay.

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you during the following times:

4:00 AM PDT to 10:00 PM PDT Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PDT to 8:00 PM PDT on Saturday and Sunday

Call Paypal toll-free at: 1-888-221-1161

You can contact eBay by clicking on "Security Center" at the bottom of most eBay pages. Choose the menu line that applies best to your situation in each step. Follow it through to the end. They do read and react to the messages sent through that system.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#16311 Fri Jun 03 2005 11:24 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Regardless of the feedback, if you have received the door there is nothing left to do. Had you not received the door, you could have gone back to Paypal and asked for your money back.
As it stands now, the transaction is over, you both have negative feedbacks,and you can't do anything about them.
My suggestion, is that the next time, don't be so quick to leave negative FB. Most thing work out, maybe not the way you would have liked them too, but they will will work out.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#16312 Sat Jun 04 2005 10:23 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
thanks guys,and your right Jack about the feedback i knew i'd get a neg in return but its him lying about the unpaid item that kills me when everyone can see it was paid for.Guess some people are just nasty and rude.

#16313 Sat Jun 04 2005 11:25 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
That's the problem with Ebay feedback. If you leave an honest truthful comment but it's negative you just get retaliation feedback comments back even if your a saint. Ebay protects the seller and does little to nothing to protect the buyer. I purchased and item, never received it, and the seller actually told ebay that I paid for it and that he didn't send it, and ebay did absolutely nothing. I used every fourm they had up to paying for an Ebay arbitrator with no results. I went to pay pal and told them the problem and they told me it over 90 days and wouldn't do anything. So I finally got American express involved who I use for all of my paypal transactions and they refunded my money. Then Paypal got mad because I went to American Express after they told me they wouldn't do anything. Point of the story: Paypal is an easy way to pay but use paypal with a good credit card company as Paypal isn't so good at taking care of their problems either.
Jeff

[This message has been edited by jrwienri (edited 06-04-2005).]

[This message has been edited by jrwienri (edited 06-04-2005).]

#16314 Mon Jun 06 2005 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi- you have to give some time for things to work out- I never leave neg feedback anymore- Out of over 5000 transactions I recd 5 Negs myself- all from Non Payers who got up set when I left them neg feedback- I just put non payers on my blocked bidder list - NOTE- since i started taking pay pal besides getting higher bids- amt of Non payers have been almost nil- just my thoughts-

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
#16315 Mon Jun 06 2005 02:09 PM
P
P
I know how you feel about paypal and ebay not getting envoled. They both use their rules to stay out of a problem but let sellers use the rules to cheat at the same time. I bought a penney scale that UPS destroyed in shipment and the seller shipped in a box that was under rated for the weight so UPS wouldn't pay. Ebay nor paypal would come down on this guy so I still had the scale and I paid with a Visa. So I went to war using BOA Visa. UPS shipped the scaled back giving me proof of shipment and I submitted pictures and all the emails from this guy and paypal. I got a credit from Visa and a letter from paypal that I can't do what I did. I called paypal and was told that now they would now have to get their money from this guy and I should have come to them. I told them good luck gave them the case #'s on this and told him they had been of no help and that I worked in the banking industry and what I had done perfectly legal and their smoke screen was a big joke and that I may have lost the battle with them but I did when the war beacause I got all money back. If I have any hesitation now I always use a credit card and wait till I get some type of feedback til I leave feedback. Their are ways to remove thar feedback also.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved