Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I get asked that question all the time "what's it worth". My consistant answer is "it's worth what you paid for it if you are happy with it". IMHO that's all that matters.

If you want it buy it for that reason and pay what he wants for it. Ignore the situation the gentleman is in. Just what I would; nothing more.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
with the globe i think it is still a good buy, and what are you waiting for. it would already be at my house before someone else with cash in their hand comes along.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Seems like a good buy to me, also. Go for it....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
with a good globe ,even with paint missing i would also say go for it.signs would just be an extra!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Louis go for it!! If you pass let me know I will buy it for his asking price wink

I agree 100% with your last sentence smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Louis,
I am no expert, but if you read and weigh everything the experts have said it seems that the pump is fairly priced with the globe. I can say that it looks in very good shape and will be easily restored, so if you like it, go for it. It will make a great looking pump when you are done. You can do it any way you want, but it really looks great as a Gulf pump.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sound like a good deal with real globe. Ignore the pump nozzle and contain lead sign you can order all that out of Vic,s or Gas Pump Heaven catalogs. If you plan on doing a full top of the line restoration.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The first question you need to ask yourself, are you going to restore it back to it's original use as a Gulf Pump or are you going with the Shell. If going with Gulf you will need to buy a repro globe, then you could sell the Shell globe.

Repainting the Shell is not that easy, if you use a brush you will always see the brush marks.

As for the nozzle, they are shown on this page of my website:

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20nozzles-2.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
T
OP Offline
T
well, pump number 3 is now in my workshop. Turns out what I thought was some corrosive substance on the faceplate was Big Red softdrink or something....it cleaned right up. Both faceplates are pretty nice, not perfect, but good enough for what I want. Should be a fairly easy resto when I get around to it. Thanks to all that gave me the nuddge I needed.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Was the globe original?

Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
T
OP Offline
T
Jack, I believe that it is, I can't say positively though. It would take someone with more knowledge than I posess. It does have "that" old look though, the glass isn;t clear white looking. It reminds me of the glass that some of my mothers' old old Christmas ornimants are made of....sort of a dull white/yellowed look. How long have reproduction shells been made, any idea? This fella says he has had this pump since the mid 70's. Louis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved