Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#163477 - Sun Dec 06 2009 10:53 AM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: Bob Richards]
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
ON PAGE 59 IN THE TEXACO COLLECTOR'S GUIDE IT MENTIONS A WHITE OUTLINED "T" LIKE THE PICS ARE IN THE FIRST POST. DARRYL'S SIGN HAS A BLACK OUTLINED "T". WERE THEY BOTH AVAILABLE IN THE 11 X 21" SIZE? THE HOLES LOOK TO BE PRETTY MUCH IN THE SAME PLACE ON BOTH.

WOULD LIKE TO SEE GOOD QUALITY EXAMPLES OF BOTH SIDE BY SIDE SO I KNOW WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT THEM.

KNOWLEDGE IS GOOD!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#163481 - Sun Dec 06 2009 11:12 AM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Mine also is a white out line T which makes sense for that year of 1952 and is 21'1-2 by 11' still think is a repop.

#163483 - Sun Dec 06 2009 11:21 AM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: HI-OCTANE]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
What I know to day I would stay clear of those Texaco oil rack signs, unless they were the porcelain ones, only seen one or two of those sense I been collecting. and they were in pretty bad shape.

#163501 - Sun Dec 06 2009 12:47 PM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: 57-Chevy]
Tankar Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MN United States
On page 72 of the book tour with Texaco it shows the rack with sign, the hole placements are in the same location as mine and tin as well? I dont know????????? I sure hope the repops are aluminum and thats how we can tell.

#163759 - Mon Dec 07 2009 08:46 PM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: Tankar]
57-Chevy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Locust, NC
I did not buy the sign, just saw it on craigslist and thought it might be a good topic.

Michael

#163763 - Mon Dec 07 2009 09:00 PM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: 57-Chevy]
gasoildude Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oneida IL USA
Ok The same one was on Ebay less than a week ago with a buy it now for $175 & was gone in a day or two.

#163808 - Tue Dec 08 2009 06:17 AM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: gasoildude]
Old Racer Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Pickett, WI USA
Quantity is definitely not an indicator. Several years ago I bought out a bulk dealer and had 89 NOS porcelain Mobil pump shields in the boxes from 1948 and 1949, as well as 10 NOS license toppers, etc. I had someone contact me an accuse me of selling repops because I had so many shields and I was selling one a week.
Does anyone know whatever happened to “Black T” Doug. http://billstexaco.com/default.aspx
I would think if anyone would know a repop Texaco sign from the real thing, he would.

Email:john@oldgaspumpguys.com

Old Gas Pump Guys
"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.oldgaspumpguys.com/

#164008 - Wed Dec 09 2009 02:00 AM Re: Texaco, Real or Fake?? [Re: Old Racer]
pollyman Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: California
Check out item # 270498024985 on ebay. Puretex is selling 7 which are original. This guy is one of the biggest Texaco collectors out there. This one happens to have a white outlined T and the others have a black outlined T. A bunch of different dates. There must be a ton of these signs out there. I have one at my office. I'll have to look at it tomorrow. I bet this guy knows the answer to real or fake.

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved