Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#164371 - Fri Dec 11 2009 10:43 AM Tolkheim #86 (consumer pump) worth buying?
mrbill Offline

Loc: Minnesota
There is a Tolkheim #86 consumer pump (40" tall) near me for a asking price of $200. It looks to be in very good, unrestored condition and is complete. I am considering buying it just because its something different. What do you think, is it worth messing with or would I be better off putting the money towards something else?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#164387 - Fri Dec 11 2009 12:51 PM Re: Tolkheim #86 (consumer pump) worth buying? [Re: mrbill]
Jack Sim Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
I valued the pump at $175.00 in my Gas Pump Identification book, so the $200 he wants is not too far off. If it comes with a nozzle and is complete and in decent condition, go for it. If you would like to see a oigingal Tokheim picture of the pump go to here:

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%2084-85.htm

Jack Sim

#164633 - Sat Dec 12 2009 04:17 PM Re: Tolkheim #86 (consumer pump) worth buying? [Re: Jack Sim]
Vermonter Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: VT
Price is cheap enough. You could decide to redo it and not spend much $$. Rattle can it, maybe make a rat pump (see posts on that), get artistic, whatever. Might be a fun project if you have kids. Let them design and paint it, put a fantasy globe on it, etc.
John

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved