Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#164801 - Sun Dec 13 2009 01:33 PM Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted
upsgaspumps Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
Would like to know the rough time period of these 2 items(I bought them as a unit) and any detailed info of the wooden battery storage box. Thanks, Bill

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#164802 - Sun Dec 13 2009 01:36 PM Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted [Re: upsgaspumps]
upsgaspumps Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
Forgot the sign is tin not porcelin. Thanks, Bill

#164808 - Sun Dec 13 2009 02:12 PM Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted [Re: upsgaspumps]
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
I WOULD PLACE BOTH THE ITEMS IN THE TEENS TO 20'S RANGE. BUT LETS SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY.

#164818 - Sun Dec 13 2009 03:39 PM Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
gasoildude Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oneida IL USA
The box would of been used to hold the batteries. That may be why the box is so rotted on the bottom from the acid smile

#164879 - Sun Dec 13 2009 08:29 PM Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted [Re: gasoildude]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally Posted By: gasoildude
The box would of been used to hold the batteries. That may be why the box is so rotted on the bottom from the acid smile

...most likely from sitting on the floor in a dank barn or garage, soaking up moisture for 80 years...I'm with Doc, 1910's-1920's...cool sign...

#164923 - Mon Dec 14 2009 08:51 AM Re: Willard Battery & Sign Info Wanted [Re: gulfiend!]
eshaver Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: richmond , Virginia
Hummmmmmmm , I like both pieces ! Ed Shaver

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved