Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
HI-OCTANE #165022 Mon Dec 14 2009 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Drop 1000,00 cash in 100's and if they huff and puff, drop another 250, and have another 250 in reserve.

If the owner still huffs then bring your price up to 1750.00.

The most I would go on that pump - if the glass is GREAT is 1750.00

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds like GeorgetownRick will be thrown out of Calif. before he can move !

A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Well, it's like I said....He decided not to buy the pump. The owner of the pump wanted $450 or $500 for it. So, deciding that he didn't want to pay that much for an old gas pump he gave me the option. The man that owns it doesn't care about it either. The friend that told me about the pump doesn't know one pump from another and doesn't care. However, I don't want to price to get too far out of hand.

I've been friend with this man for over 10 years. He knows that I know pump values, and what i could get out of this pump. Infact I gave him a finders fee of repairing a few rust holes in his 1940 Chevy coupe.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you cant use your friends then why have them they are overrated. JUST KIDDING. But their is a guy I work with that lives by that motto, it's kind of funny that he really has no friends. Good looking pump you have there Rick when you get moved to Indiana maybe I will get to see it.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #165076 Tue Dec 15 2009 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rick did you move. I see you have no location now. I'll drop by your house over vacation to see your new pumps. LOL Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
When I joined the forum I had hoped that behavior on the national scale was different from what I am accoustomed to here in "tumbleweed city". Evidentally not. I'll give this one some thought.

Old Iron #165140 Tue Dec 15 2009 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Rick, We're just jealous cause we don't have Friends that will turn us on to pumps they don't want. Most of us would have done the same thing w/o doing the body work.
db

A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Well, all I can say is, there is a lot more to the story then what I wrote. I just didn't want to type the whole thing out.

I guess it does sound like I am taking advantage of a friend, but believe me, there is a lot more to this story. Somehow, I didn't think I would be insulted by sharing this on Oldgas.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rick, remember we are a family here on Oldgas. At times a somewhat dysfunctional family, but still a family. You, as in any family don't have to answer to anyone but yourself. I have pointed fingers and said many things in my 4+ years here that I wish I could take back. Now, I don't post as much, because I hate being that "odd uncle" that sits in the corner at family functions. Take what is said here "with a grain of salt" and shrug off most of what you don't like. See it is like the talk at most family functions, or at least the one's in my family, LOL.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It looks like the cylinder is cracked near the bottom in the pictures. I believe a recent thread on here was pricing them with bad or no cylinders at 750.00 to 1000.00.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Rick I dont think your taking advantage of your friend at all. He had first chance and passed, and he told you about it. I would buy and not think twice about it. I believe that most people here on this site would do the same thing. If my earlier post insulted you that was not my intent at all. I will also say this Sanford and I live about twenty minutes apart. There is not much that comes up for sale that we both dont know about. Sometimes i get to purchase sometimes he get the purchase and their is never any hard feelings. If for some reason one us knows about something that the other doesnt and we tell each other it means its up for grabs for either one us.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Rick,
No insult intended from me. I'm sorry if it came across that way. There is always more to a story than what appears on the surface;there as well as here.

Hope there are no hard feelings.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Id do it in a heartbeat, one mans garbage is another mans treasure, its all in the eye of the collector.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved